Now Complete: 2018 Schedule

Feb. 16-18: vs. Bucknell

Feb. 21: vs. Arizona (in San Diego)

Feb. 23-25: Tony Gwynn Classic in San Diego (field includes Arizona, Michigan, San Diego, San Diego State, Grand Canyon and Cal Poly Pomona)

Feb. 28-March 1: vs. Dayton

March 2-4: vs. Southern Cal

March 9-11: vs. Kent State

March 13-14: vs. Texas

March 16-18: vs. Kentucky

March 20-21: at Charlotte

March 23-25: at Florida

March 27: at Memphis

March 29-31: at Ole Miss

April 3-4: vs. ULM

April 6-8: vs. Auburn

April 10: vs. Grambling (in North Little Rock)

April 12-14: vs. South Carolina

April 17: vs. Missouri State

April 20-22: at Mississippi State

April 24-25: vs. Texas Tech

April 27-29: vs. Alabama

May 4-6: at LSU

May 11-13 - vs. Texas A&M

May 17-19 - at Georgia

Matt,

Will the Tony Gwynn Classic be played at Petco Park, or will one of the local universities host it? Giving some thought to possibly going out to San Diego for it.

Apparently, at two of the local universities:

http://www.tonygwynnclassic.com/venues

There has been talk of playing the Sunday championship game at Petco Park, but the other games will be played at USD and SDSU.

Updated with LSU dates.

I thought Texas was going to play us in 2018 up in Fayetteville?

That has been tentatively scheduled, but hadn’t been finalized as of a couple of months ago. These dates are the ones that are set in stone.

Updated with Auburn dates.

Updated with Ole Miss dates.

Updated with Texas A&M dates.

Updated with the Georgia dates. That series - in Athens - will be the regular season finale. Some have wondered why Arkansas always plays the last regular season series away from home and it is because the UA has earlier final exam dates than many other schools in the SEC.

I don’t think Dave Van Horn minds the trips. He seems to always galvanize his team during that long combined trip for the final series and the SEC Tournament.

Updated with the Missouri State date.

Arkansas is waiting for the SEC to choose its Thursday-Saturday series before it officially releases the schedule. That probably will happen sometime in October.

It sounds like Texas is coming to Baum Stadium for a midweek in 2018, but I haven’t been able to get the date(s) yet.

Updated with the Alabama dates.

The Ole Miss series will now be Thursday through Saturday in Oxford. That keeps the series finale off Easter Sunday, which is April 1 next year.

Updated with Florida dates.

Those Kentucky dates are now confirmed.

I got some more information on the schedule today.

• Arkansas has received the contracts to play Texas and Texas Tech at Baum Stadium, although I do not have the dates yet. Both of those series will be two games in the midweek. Arkansas already has committed to go back to Texas in 2019 during the week of spring break and is hoping to get a return to Lubbock some time in the future.

• The Razorbacks have scheduled an extra game in San Diego in February. They will play Arizona the night before the Tony Gwynn Classic begins at San Diego State’s home park. Arkansas will play San Diego and San Diego State during the Tony Gwynn Classic, and another team that has yet to be determined.

• The midweek series vs. UNC-Charlotte in Charlotte will be coupled with the trip to Florida. Arkansas has a signed contract to play SEMO the midweek before the Florida trip, so that Charlotte midweek will either be on the back end of the Florida trip - which is during spring break - or a replacement for the SEMO series. Not sure yet on that.

So if you’re keeping count, Arkansas will play nonconference games vs. Southern Cal, Arizona, Texas, Texas Tech and Missouri State in the coming year. That is a strong schedule that is coming together.

I already have my lodging reservations. After my late night adventures in Frisco, Texas last year, I have concerns about driving in an unknown large city. So, I’m not renting a car. After some research, I have found that San Diego has a great public transportation system that will get anywhere in the city and it runs late into the night. I’m good to go.

I’m not sure if Arkansas has rescheduled its series with SEMO, but it now will play at Charlotte on March 20-21. The first game will be at the Triple-A ballpark downtown and the second will be on campus.