Arkansas practiced in shells tonight in Razorback Stadium. Here are a few notes from the 15 minutes I was there:
• The Razorbacks did a team period early on in the viewing portion. Here is the first team offense and defense as best I could tell:
LT: Myron Cunningham
LG: Jalen St. John
C: Beaux Limmer
RG: Brady Latham
RT: Dalton Wagner
QB: Feleipe Franks
RB: Rakeem Boyd
TE: Nathan Bax
WR: Treylon Burks
WR: Mike Woods
WR: Trey Knox
DE: Julius Coates
DT: Isaiah Nichols
DT: Jonathan Marshall
DE: Dorian Gerald
LB: Levi Draper
LB: Andrew Parker
CB: Jarques McClellion
CB: Jerry Jacobs
S: Micahh Smith
S: Jalen Catalon
Nickel: Simeon Blair
• Here is the series of plays that were run:
- Franks rolled right, could not find an open receiver and picked up a few yards with his feet
- Franks completed a swing pass to Boyd
- Franks completed a swing pass to Burks
- Franks threw incomplete for Woods. There was some miscommunication on the play as Woods ran a go route and it looked like Franks was anticipating an out route to be run
- Franks got the ball to De’Vion Warren on the perimeter. It was difficult to see through all the bodies, so I’m not certain how the ball found him, whether it was a pass, pitch, etc.
- Trelon Smith had a pair of short runs as well
• A.J. Reed and Matthew Phillips were working with special teams coordinator Scott Fountain on onside kicks.
• Tight end Blayne Toll was in a green jersey. It is not clear why he is in the non-contact jersey.
• Marcus Henderson, who began the preseason as the second-team left tackle, was with the tight ends again tonight. I thought he looked good in No. 83 and moved pretty well. As Arkansas worked on its quick-hitting passes on the perimeter, Henderson showed some foot quickness and went searching for contact a couple times. He whiffed on one block attempt on the outside, but I was impressed by his first rep.
• We are scheduled to speak with Sam Pittman on Zoom around 9:15 p.m.