Norvell or Malzahn

Curious who this board would prefer between these two if you assume they are HY’s top two?

Just keep in mind Memphis ain’t Auburn.

1 Like

Neither

If Gus is the answer…

Wow.

Just.

Wow.

If HY does this, he need be drug tested immediately

SuperNorv

If Auburn were to let Gus go, it would be hard to argue that Gus isn’t the most qualified.

That’s true, and the chaos surrounding Malzahn at Arkansas was not created by anything that he did. It was more a result of the situation, with factions struggling for influence. After tonight’s loss the Auburn crowd may be again losing patience. But relief could come with Tua out of the way and an Iron Bowl win a real possibility. The soap opera continues. I’m not stumping for Gus, just looking at how things could possibly skake out.

1 Like

Norvell

At this point Norvell. Knowing he would put the work and time in.
With Gus we would be getting a more qualified coach on paper, but still drawing big money from Auburn per his contract buyout. Not sure he would be all in for the long haul.

Norvell

Norvell.

Norvell, Gus has made too much money, it would be like when Tubby Smith took the memphis job. he was not going to get out of his comfort zone. he would coach his players and “let it do what it do”, he wasnt getting off his arse to do anything extra. I can see Gus doing the same, winning 8 games and going 4-4 in the conference would be a really good year, our annual goal would be to finish 3rd in the west.

None of the above.

1 Like

Norvell

Gus is a good coach, but, he’s not what we need. He’s at a better school. It would be a Muschamp situation with Florida and USc. Don’t think we’d get the results we’d want, and he doesn’t have a fiery passion about the hogs to believe in either.

Norvell.

Norvell

I am not a Gus fan but the things he has going for him over Norvell is SEC experience/success and he can bring in a better staff and recruits.Norvells offense is more dynamic but they don’t play great defense even in the league they are in.Gus has had some very good defenses b/c of the staff and recruits so between those 2 I think Gus could get us back quicker.

Norvell. Of course, I might even pick John L Smith over Gus.

Norvell. Gus would not unite the fan base at all. Not even close.

Gus would not unite the fan base, why because of whatever happened years ago? Whoever can come into to Arkansas and keep kids like Burks and recruit more kids like Burks and win will unite the fan base. The questions is why could Gus not do that? Because of whatever happened years ago?