No upset this Saturday

Aloha,
Normally I don’t make public predictions. Keep them within the family. But I am so discouraged about the lack of faith among some of us on this Forum that I’m going to let y’all know that there will not be an upset Saturday. The Hogs will win decisively. Arkansas is the better team. They’re tired of the lack of respect of their team, their defense and their QB. They’re tired of the nine game losing streak. And Saturday, they are going to shut us all up. They will be the first Hog’s team since I don’t know when to beat both Texas and Texas A&M in the same season.
UA…Campus of Champions

5 Likes

That would be 1988 when we went 8-0 in the SWC. That year we beat Texass by 3 and A&M by 5.

Side note from 88: Because the Aggies were on probation that year and the rest of the league stunk, we clinched the Cotton Bowl by beating last place Rice on October 29. But only two of our 8 SWC wins were by more than a touchdown and Rice was not one of them. Thus we didn’t break into the top 10 until we were 10-0.

1 Like

Good post. I agree with your thoughts.

As I was reading your words, I could hear Coach Pittman’s locker room voice in my head: “They don’t know you!!”

1 Like

I actually think you may be right. I like the progression of KJ’s play at QB. He has some things to fix like his short passing accuracy, but they are fixable. He has some things that he is good at like deep passing accuracy and his running ability and they make it easier for others in this offense to be more effective. I think we will not run easily against the mAggotts like we did against the Whorns but we will have success and I think our lines will win the fourth quarter against theirs. I think we will pressure their QB well with our D-line and timely blitzes. I think we have an advantage at D-coordinator and at least a wash at O-coordinator.

As always, turnovers, penalties, and the kicking game will have a huge impact on the outcome, but we are trending in the right direction there as well. I think Burks threat will allow Jackson, Thompson, Warren, and Morris to make some big plays. I think we win by ten with a strong finish in the fourth quarter. JMVVVVHO

1 Like

Aloha,
Everybody onboard now?
UA…Campus of Champions

4 Likes

Wait, are you talking about “this” Saturday, lol? I thought we would win, and after the first two series, I told our group we would, they couldn’t stop the run, nor run against us.

1 Like

I’m almost afraid to agree with you. It’s more about not getting my hopes up than about superstition (I think). Yet, I agree we’ve shown ourselves to be much better than all 4 teams we’ve faced. Two of those are good teams. Unfortunately, UGA has beaten good teams, too, although Clemson might not be quite what it’s been.

I believe we can win, but it will be against a hostile crowd and one of the best teams in the country. If we win, I’ll be thinking CFP—and I’m really afraid of thinking that. (But I’m willing to risk it that scary thought.)

Anyway, I sure hope you’re right.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.