Nick Smith about give a verbal commit

UK, UNC, or Auburn?

Yeah. If he’s doing what it seems he’s hinting at, after watching what the Hogs and their freshmen accomplished this season, then it will be his loss, not the Hog basketball team’s.

2 Likes

And that’s not the way to do it. No need to flaunt it if that’s what he is doing. We know he apparently isn’t interested in us.

1 Like

Kentucky🙃

I know who the student section will be booing next year in Bud Walton in the Kentucky game😶.

While I respect the right to make the choice he earned, and maybe if the adults acted a little more grown up then we could expect a kid to act more grown up, but I really don’t like this look. I have a feeling his decision will not be the ruin of Arkansas basketball and it remains to be seen how it works out for him.

It’s not at all going to be the ruin of UA basketball. There is apparently some anti-UA forces at NLR and Sylvan Hills. We now have a coach who can recruit nationally elite players. If this kid wants to purposely throw it in the face of Arkansas fans for the next year it won’t go over well.

Well, he says there’s a story behind it. It will be interesting to hear what it is.

I’m sure there is a story. I am not sure we get the authentic version from him.

here’s an odd story, that I haven’t posted since it’s such heresay. BUT, if young Mr. Smith is going to tell us to stick it, then I’ll repeat this story as faithfully as I can.

so I’m in Vegas, mid-february, at the Wynn. I’m betting on UFC that night (Love Derek Lewis!!!), sipping some noon bourbon. one of the security guards is bored and starts chatting us up, he notices my facemask, of course it’s a red mask with a georgous white hog, and he says:" go hogs", asks where I’m from. when I say LR, he tells me that his brother coaches in central arkansas, and his nephew plays for the brother. he says: “there’s a hs player there, the best in the state, can’t remember his name”. I offer Pinion and Darrion, he says:“no, he plays around NLR”. I offer ware, but he says:“no, not that tall guy”. we finally get around to Nick Smith. “yeah, that’s the dude!”

he tells me that Smith is an attitude problem, not just for the opposition, but for his teammates and coaches. apparently his brother is not a big fan of young Mr Smith.

anyway, after talking to this guy, I’ve been expecting Nick to commit to one of the usual bag men, so this is no surprise at all. I guess the only mystery is, which bag man.

and as usual, the power of wearing Hog gear continues to amaze me!

GHG

4 Likes

Why should he mute his excitement for his life choice just because it’s not favorable to us?
Why expect a teenager to act “mature” when the adults hanging on his decision act like kids?

3 Likes

If he picks tennessee or georgia or some non-bagman team, then your question is completely valid. If he picks Kentucky, mississippi state, LSU, Auburn-then you should know the opinion of the rest of hte world, that does not condone cheating.

GHG

3 Likes

Swinesong I think you’ve been in a bubble too long!

1 Like

Because I don’t act like a jerk when an Arkansas KID (or any KID) opts for another school?

1 Like

I will swing at this.

1. Not sure what you constitute as acting like jerks.
  2. I expect adults to act with class.
  3. 18 years of age is plenty old enough to act with class as well.

Nobody is preventing him from celebrating his “life” decision. Also, no need to poke a finger in someone’s eye in the process. And, no, being an 18 year old isn’t an excuse for that.

Simply say I choose School A, and thank the others for recruiting you.

2 Likes

Do you recall the outrage when:

Allen Flanigan committed to Auburn…
Isaac McBride chose to transfer to Vanderbilt…
Chris Moore chose Auburn…

Neither do I. The day’s of feeling betrayal by the hands of Archie Goodwin or Malik Monk are gone.
We no longer require or demand loyalty because we are once again respected nationwide.

5 Likes

I have always believed if a young man from Arkansas does not want to be a Razorback just let it go! There’s no need to be upset! The Monk brothers used every punching bag to get his little brother in gyms and coaching to get this prepared and he used all of his so called friends up! That’s someone rubbing your nose in a decision.
Smith hasn’t done that yet and I don’t expect him too! If he goes out of state I hope our hogs win and let him watch.

1 Like

Nick Smith has every right to choose wherever he wants to go to school. I know that Muss will get the right players for his program and then we can cheer for our own players who want to play for the Razorbacks and win with the Razorbacks.

2 Likes

Who knows, maybe he is just setting up some school and fan base for a good April Fools gag. Announce for one, then go APRIL FOOLS and then choose another. We have no idea what he plans, and to tell the truth, I don’t get worked up about things like that anymore. I do still have an opine on whether I think its classy or not, and I would not have done a pre-announce to say people will be mad. We are smack dab in the middle of the most narcissistic “look at me” selfie generation and I am no longer surprised at anything they do trying to get attention.

4 Likes