Nice Win

Ugly at first. I wanted to good start and didn’t like that 2 of our first 6 shots were jumpers from Adrio.

Loved the forced turnovers. Not sure how many steals we had but i know we were at 8 early in the second half. Was good seeing Dan in the High post some tonight and Chaney had at least one nice pass from there. We’ve been missing that this year.

Isaiah Joe is a beast from outside, pretty good handles but his passing leaves a lot to be desired. I don’t think they’re lazy passes, just not much confidence when he passes.

All in all, much needed win for us and the kids and CMA. Pretty sure that was the first time we’ve lead in the last few games.

Something to build on for sure. Hoping we can carry it over into Saturday and lay Tech with their fourth in a row.

WPS

We had 13 steals to their 2
We had 13 To’s to their 23!
We had 18 assists to their 9
We shot 44.1% FG to their 45.2%
Both teams shot 40% from 3 point range (10/25)
We shot 62.5% FT (10-16), to their 70.6% (12/17)
Most important stat…WE WON!!!

We are a few free throws away from a very good record. When we get that fixed we’ll be a very good team.

I was impressed with the minute Chaney played. He can get up and down the court and always hustles.

[quote=“LDHog”]

We are a few free throws away from a very good record. When we get that fixed we’ll be a very good team.

I was impressed with the minute Chaney played. He can get up and down the court and always hustles.

[/quote]Even though there are times that they have me scratching my head, it does seem like we have the potential of being a pretty good team. It just seems that some of the issues keep showing up, when by this time in the season one hopes they start going away. It seems when we play our offense and don’t settle for quick jumpers or over dribble, good things happen. I would prefer certain role players stay within those roles instead of trying to be the offense, but for me it is hard to be tough on Gabe when he attacks the goal (not so thrilled with putting it up from outside). Anyway, the next few games need to be continued growth not backsliding and we might be on to something.

Good defense wears the opponent down physically and mentally, we played some of the best defense of the season last night. We needed this win even though you can’t consider Mizzou a good team but a loss instead of a win would have been devastating. I tip my hat to MA and players as they got it done and stopped the slide, congrats to all ! WPS

I’d say two free throws away - one apiece in regulation against Texas and LSU. Change those outcomes and the team is 13-5, 3-3 and the perception is a lot different.

Got to come out ready to play tomorrow in Lubbock! Be an extremely difficult one to get but a great opportunity! ghg

Just like they won several games because of free throw shooting in 2016-17, they’ll continue to lose some games this year because of the poor shooting from the line.

I miss those days… With Macon and Hannahs we were almost guaranteed to win all those close late games, especially if the team was over the limit, I know those guys free throw percentage in the last 4 minutes had to be 90+%. I said this a couple of years ago, Macon’s ability to draw fouls and get to the free throw line when we needed it, is probably the most underrated skill ever.

I posted on here last week, “we are seven FT’s away” (from now being 15-3). One FT each (2 total) against both Texass and LSWhooo. Two FT’s against WKU, and 3 against FL (would have been up 54-53 when Bailey got the rebound and put up the horrible shot, I think if we were up, he would have kicked it back out to Joe).

As for Macon and Hannahs, I absolutely agree. Jones started off SEC play at 88%. (After 4 games) But there was a huge gap between him and Joe (56% after four SEC games). Wish everyone was at least 70%, not only would we be 15-3, but I wouldn’t get so nervous in close games because I would know they’d close it out at the line.