Nice Half Time Adjustments

I know everyone, myself included, sometimes jumps the gun in the first half and criticize everything that went wrong, but we rarely give credit to the staff for making great adjustments, which they did.

First thing, I was saying in another thread, CMA needs to start our best 3 scorers which is Barford, Macon, and Hannahs. He did that in the second half and it worked. The long range threat of Macon, freed Dusty up and he caught fire. These 3 need to be the starting guards. Beard, seems to play better coming off the bench and being the leader of the second unit. The next thing, was going to the zone. LSU, was killing us man to man. They had no answer for the zone at all, it really threw them off, we got a ton of turnovers off of it.

Also, want to say Dustin Thomas had a great game. That’s the Dustin we seen at the beginning of the season. Grabbing rebounds, being active around the rim, and hitting open jump shots. I hope this isn’t a one game deal. When he’s playing well, we’re a completely different team.

Yes. The coach gets savaged when we lose. He made a game-changing, perhaps season-changing, move at half. That zone reversed the game. Kingsley and Trey could stay underneath and protect the basket. LSU had to take contested jumpers. Suddenly stops weren’t rare. Our O could go against a D that wasn’t set off of deflections and outlets. Brilliant move.

The zone worked well. The guards did a good job of attacking the defensive boards too.

I agree, hope Dustin plays like this every game from here on out.

Good post Blu from top to bottom. WPS

Yes on Thomas. I wasn’t at all sold on him before tonight. Smart with ball, hitting jumpers, takes pressure off Moses and opens up the middle.

So CMA must have some sort rule that adjustments can only be made at half time. I am sick of seeing Mosley guarding a 6 foot guard 30 feet from the basket and one of our guards in the paint with some 6" 10 dude looking to dunk. I do not think that Mosley plays very hard at either end of the court. If he played like he did last year I think that this team would really be something to watch. Course this is just someone that does remember the Oliver vs Shaq. WOW I feel some much better now!

When one of their guards basically out rebounds the Hogs at half, the zone switch was a welcome relief. It keeps our bigs down low and bodies close in and making an effort to rebound. It will be interesting to see how the next game is opened on defense and would like to have early zone principles applied. A must win and MA made the adjustments.

Keeping the bigs underneath seemed to change everything, but our offense also seemed to take heart after stopping LSU a few times. At times, the Hogs score at an elite rate.

“Mosley”

Accidentally clever.

It was a relief to see the effective Razorbacks reappear after two awful games. Beyond that, we are back to previous problems. In past seasons, the team usually had too few effective player combinations. Is that the problem now? Seems like something else. Consistent play - unpredictable outcomes.

Who is setting up the scorers, an assist-first point? Who is shutting down the hot hand on the other team? Could be the same player but regardless of player combinations I don’t see either skill on the roster, so it is missing from the rotation.

We seemed to force more TOs out of the zone than in the man traps. All that training in getting deflections seemed to pay off. However, they could get in the passing lanes and harass dribblers without being spread out all over the court. The bigs could protect the basket. The guards could hang around the lane to help on the boards. Of course, we got some dividends from surprising LSU.

We seemed to force more TOs out of the zone than in the man traps. All that training in getting deflections seemed to pay off. However, they could get in the passing lanes and harass dribblers without being spread out all over the court. The bigs could protect the basket. The guards could hang around the lane to help on the boards. Of course, we got some dividends from surprising LSU.