NFL Prospect Watch: Arkansas NT John Ridgeway thriving

NFL Prospect Watch: Arkansas NT John Ridgeway thriving

He has played much better than I thought he would…very proud of him he has played very well for us… would love to see him come back next year and get even better

2 Likes

I didn’t see a starter in the SEC from his college highlights. He played way too high and didn’t see to possess game changing strength. So glad I don’t know anything!

Yes that was my concern, his pad level was pretty high and I saw him get beat pretty badly in our practice videos.I just thought the step up in competition would be too much for him but to his credit, he has played exceptionally well for us.
He can get better though I think another season in the weight room would help him be even better.

2 Likes

I agree. He wasn’t even lifting weights at Illinois State last spring, they were busy playing a football season. Then only a couple of months with Jamil.

Really speaks to his talent and what he can/will be at some point. Unfortunately the Senior Bowl invite video Sam tweeted out probably mean he’s gone.

1 Like

Yeah I agree, probably will be gone, but Sam may can work his magic with him and convince him one more year can help him be even better

1 Like

Really hard to see him coming back. He’s already been in college ball a long time, and has played a lot of games the last couple of years. Hard to see him improving his draft grade into the first couple of rounds by staying another year.

I’m not sure he won’t be better off in the long-run by getting on a roster and spending a year training as a pro interior DL, while maybe getting some playing time along the way.

I think he does come back. he adores Pittman. And I think he knows a full calendar year in the training system we have would benefit him greatly. IMO he could be a first rounder…after one more season here.

I wish big John the best with whatever decision he chooses and to say thank you for coming to Arkansas and the work and effort you put forward to help restore credibility to our program! WPS

I sure hope big man John Ridgeway comes back for another year and ends up a First Rounder.