Next Hog Coach.....Now We Got Odds Posted!

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/mik … erry-jones

Hmmmm

To many coaches out there for us to take Leach, if we hire him it will truly show the desperation at Arkansas in my opinion. WPS

To many good coaches out there for us to be hiring Leach, shows desperation in Arkansas program to go this route in my opinion. WPS

All he’s done is just win at two of the hardest to win at wastelands in college football In Lubbock and Pullman. If Fayetteville is really so tough to recruit to as all of the “we’re little ole Arkysaw” types say it is then getting someone with the proven ability to coach em seems to make sense.

Teams in Lubbock and Pullman don’t play in the SEC. I’m a “no” on Leach.

I don’t want them to hire him, but the man can coach his tail off. He’d be a heck of an upgrade from the bozo that’s up there now.

15 years, 0 conference championships, won more that 8 games in the regular season twice. yawn. If we can’t do any better than that, no sense in spending the buyout money.

We all know CBB is gone. You’ve been wanting it for months & have posted little else for that long or longer. But can’t you post anything that doesn’t make some knock on him now that he’s surely gone? Is it really that hard to discuss it like adults and not call him silly names like “the bozo” up there now?

Bret Beilema is not a bozo. He’s a good man who came here with the goal of winning. He left a program where he’d been winning at a very good pace. He didn’t forget how to coach when he got here. It didn’t work. He failed to get the job done. Can’t we just leave it at that & show as much dignity as he’s shown? That’s a rhetorical question. I know very well that you can’t do that.

Truth.

Read the book “The Perfect Pass”. It is about Hal Mumme and the modern spread offense. Leach was a big part of developing it. I would like … Plus the guy is funny

Mike Leach? Oh, please, no!

Ya. The guy just can’t let up even for a second. It’s pretty sad. And, then he’s pining for Leach, which is hilarious.

I have always said I will love the Razorbacks until death. If we hire Mike Leach that statement will be sorely tested. I might have to at least take a leave of absence from Hogfandom.

Mike Leach is as big a scumbag as Petrino. I was with two guys from Amarillo tonight that both know Leach. Personally. Cant’s stand him. They don’t like Arkansas…but did say “you DON’T wanna hire Mike Leach.”

I want Bret to get another year. If that’s not gonna happen, I’ll warm up to Gus.

Leach? no,

Well, his ‘bozo’ comment helped me put him in my
‘spam’ folder, “FOE” since some simple programmer
thought that better than the more accurate and
to the point ‘ignore’ descriptor. :roll:

Oh Adam… so cranky of late with the sudden and swift departure of Jeff and now his protege’s departure also draws nigh. Perhaps the holidays will cheer you up!

I’ll wait until his departure is official before revisiting the “he is a good man” comment- not saying he isn’t, but a fuller discussion about him and some things that impacted his tenure here is in order.

As for me “pining for Leach” that’s another of your embellishments for which you are so prone to do. I merely stated the man has won in some difficult places and said he’s a good coach. I also clearly stated I don’t want him as the coach here. Would I prefer him to Norvell? No…Gus? No…Campbell? No…Bielema? Yes - I’d prefer a cardboard cutout of Larry Culpepper or a potted plant on the Razorback sideline rather than the former Prophetsville Pig Farmer.

He’s funny alright until he locks a booster’s grandson in a broom closet

Exactly

[quote=“JacksonReid”]

Oh Adam… so cranky of late with the sudden and swift departure of Jeff and now his protege’s departure also draws nigh. Perhaps the holidays will cheer you up!

I’ll wait until his departure is official before revisiting the “he is a good man” comment- not saying he isn’t, but a fuller discussion about him and some things that impacted his tenure here is in order.

As for me “pining for Leach” that’s another of your embellishments for which you are so prone to do. I merely stated the man has won in some difficult places and said he’s a good coach. I also clearly stated I don’t want him as the coach here. Would I prefer him to Norvell? No…Gus? No…Campbell? No…Bielema? Yes - I’d prefer a cardboard cutout of Larry Culpepper or a potted plant on the Razorback sideline rather than the former Prophetsville Pig Farmer.
[/quote]Seems that acknowledging the Bielema statement was overboard would have been a good approach, but seems that is not your nature. Along with attempting to justify yourself, your follow that up with another shot. Sad.
And why would it be necessary to revisit the “good man” statements after he is gone? Sad.

[quote=“KeithGuthrie”]

I don’t think my comment was overboard at all - I think Bielema’s tenure has resulted in the dismantling of the Razorback football program so severe that the BOT had to take it upon themselves to ensure Bielema’s patron and defender was dismissed.

Thank goodness enough of the people writing the big checks used their influence and power to end Bielema’s incompetence. Yes I said Bielema because I believe Long would still be here if he’d gotten out of the way and not tried to prevent Bielema’s dismissal which is thankfully forthcoming.