New Years Resolution

I read nearly all content on here (and another site) as I’m sure several of you do. Likewise, I’ve been put off by the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville insult but not to the point I’m willing to cancel and lose access to the news I crave about the hogs. Therefore, my 2018 resolution is to immediately stop reading when I get to the U of A, Fayetteville insult. I started a day early today and only made it to the 5th or 6th sentence in the little guys column before I was through with him.

I am not sure why it bothers me so much but it does. It’s something that grates on me like nails on a chalkboard. I wonder why this isn’t polled to see what readers think?

Nails on chalkboard is the perfect analogy! Not a big deal in the end but it’s irritating.

I get that it’s an editorial decision and out of reporters hands but at the same time they could substitute ‘Razorbacks’ every time they start to type University of Arkansas unless, of course, the editor is changing that as well.

I don’t even notice it any more and it doesn’t change the story for me.
I understand the angst to a degree, but it just doesn’t seem that big a deal to me. The University of Arkansas at Fayetteville is still the big dog in the state, perceived slight or not.

The perceived slight is the problem for me. Totally unnecessary to use it.

What I have noticed in some of the articles is in one paragraph before it will say Razorbacks then in a paragraph after it it will say U OF A-F.

ASU-Jonesboro or ASU-Mountain Home.

I believe it is an intentional slight and needs
to be addressed and answered by someone
with the clout and cohonies to shed light on
the decision. I would love to see the debate
this would usher in.

Gutless passive aggression. COWARDS!

I see it and read right over it. Sometimes, I chuckle, but I don’t get angry. Maybe I should. But I look at it and see that some editor(s) made the decision to do it, and it’s another reminder not to take newspapers too seriously. I trust the writing that these writers give us and do take their work seriously, but when some newspaper editor tries to tell me who to vote for, I remember silly little decisions like UA-F and take that editorial with a grain of salt.

It’s like the Washington Post. Consider the source.