New kicker at UA

Chris Elser from Catholic has walked on. He was at the team meeting tonight.

Punter or fg kicker or both? Any other info you can provide?

He’s a kicker.

He’s a good one. Didn’t he graduate from Catholic in 2018? Where was he last season?

Yes. He attended the UA and had a 4.0 last semester.

His senior stats:

15/17 field goals, longs of 49, 51 and 54, most kicked at War Memorial Stadium with college regulation crossbars.

Kickoffs 41/48 touchbacks, 33 kickoffs 70+ yards

Longest punt 61 yards.

He missed 4 field goals in 3 years while kicking for Catholic.

Sure sounds good.

He has the distance on the long field goals and the accuracy. It’s good to get another kicker.

They all look good in high school, let’s see how it works without a tee for FG’s, and lower one for kickoffs. Hopefully he meets the challenge, especially on kickoffs.

I wonder how this affects the kid from Oklahoma who was considering walking on. I like having kicking competition.

PWO recruit from Tulsa Union (name is long and escapes me, Noah…) kicked without a tee this year to ease in the transition. He did fine.

Chris learned to kick playing soccer- he has kicked off the ground all his life. For the past 9 months he has been practicing kicking with no tee- not an issue

Did he always use HS tee on FG’s & KO’s?
Sometimes HS kickers will revert to not using tee’s their Sr year in HS to prep for college.

Hopefully a strong enough leg to kick in end zone on kickoffs on a consistent basis. Seems we have missed this for a while.

Bolded information below indicates about two thirds of his KO’s would be almost certain TB’s in college.

I watched him play a couple of games, he did put any of them out of the end zone on the fly, but he did put several 5 yards deep. My only concern was they didn’t have a tremendous amount of hang time, but in Arkansas, all it has to do is cross the goal line to be a touch back. Hopefully he’s been working on his leg strength, we need automatic touchbacks!

It won’t have anything to do with Noah Rauschenberg’s decision.

I really thought he would be a Hog last season, I have no idea why he wasn’t on the roster.

Good kid, good family, glad for everyone involved.

2 years ago when he was booming kicks consistently, I assumed he’d be kicking for the hogs last season.

He also played CB for Catholic, he’s a good athlete.

GHG

A smart good athlete. :slight_smile: