New Coaching Position

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I am delighted that we have hired someone as Special Teams Coach. We have always talked about the three phases of the game: offense, defense, and special teams. Yet we seem to have downplayed the importance of special team, by taking one position coach and saddling him with the extra duty of Special Teams Coordinator.
Hooray! I look forward the our special teams being truly special.

I think we will see an improvement on special teams next year and years to come. The same improvement needs to happen on defense and offense.
I hope we get good QB play next year.

When your talent is not as good as many of your conference peers you’d better be EXCELLENT on special teams if you 1) Want to be in more close games and 2) win your share of them.

When the 10th coach was added, that is what many thought it would be used as, special teams coach. Good plan to me. Sam also said he’d be heavily involved in special teams. Believe it or not, O-line coaches usually are since their guys are involved in protection.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.