Never a doubt!

Hoping a consistent schedule helps us get some consistent play.

Officiating is below average. I don’t know what you do about it, but gotta do something. It’s just not good. Hurting the game.

Woo Pig!

6 Likes

This probably should be in the game thread but I can’t wade through 371 posts to see a response: I had to work and missed the game. How was Pinion’s defense? Think he can continue to earn playing time? Offensively (tonight) he seemed to add another dimension…

He held his own.

2 Likes

Good enough to earn more minutes. Team needs his shooting. Helps space the floor on offense.

5 Likes

Great observation…My second watch of this game with
your observation made it very clear that his presence opened the floor for others. Ricky as well Devo could penetrate to the key playing against the spread of the remaining four defenders. His hustle beyond being only a static 3-point threat seemed to energize the play others.

1 Like

It is obvious Pinion will need to play a lot more because we don’t have a good 3 point shooting team. Council is about it. I love Anthony Black, but he must improve his 3 point shot is he is going to be a player in the NBA.

1 Like

Pinion is not afraid to mix it up. I like that about him.

4 Likes

I think JP will still play situationally based on matchups and defense. He’s still a bit shaky on defense and against the wrong matchup and D he’ll get torched.

But I do think he still has a high ceiling of development on both sides of the ball. I think his offensive ceiling is way more than a spot shooter, and man defense is a higher ceiling than now. His offensive ability is much more than go stand in the corner. If that’s it then that will get shut down pretty quick.

He’s a pretty athletic guy. Got a little handle and some hop and size. I would actually like to see him pop a few from the free throw line against the zone or drive and dish from there. Like RC does. That’s the next development for him offensively. We need another guy like that. If he can develop into getting to the line that would be awesome. That will come with more confidence and as he gets more comfortable.

4 Likes

You can tell Joe has a some dog in him. Corliss coached him the last few years for the Hawks. Corliss told me he loved the kid for how he never backed down against anyone.

5 Likes

You can see that “dog” under the basket but also in his aggressiveness in defense when the opponent brings the ball up the floor.

2 Likes

Yeah I basically agree with all of this. His minutes will probably be situational. If Black, Walsh, Devo, and Council are hitting shots, you don’t have to play Pinion much. I like the idea of having Pinion first off the bench to provide an offensive spark, especially since Graham is giving the team basically nothing on offense right now, because he either can’t, or won’t, defend or rebound.

1 Like

I decided early on that Graham wasn’t going to give much to advance the cause. Offensively he has some moxie but defense just doesn’t cut it. He reacts slowly on defense and doesn’t anticipate. Defense wins games.

2 Likes

He helped up last night, and let a guy go right behind him to the rim. I was pulling my hair out. Can’t imagine how Muss feels.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.