Need advice-Saturday morning in Fayetteville

Aloha,

Awesome idea! I LOVE that trail. Wished we had it when I went to school 40 years ago. Exceptionally well thought out and executed.

GHG!

Guy, I think we rode ox carts over Highway 71 to get to UA 40 years ago.

Speaking of Highway 71 40 years ago, a story. For some reason the UA golf coach at the time, David Whelchel, wound up working on the basketball stat crew. We played a game at Barton Coliseum one night and some of the stat crew drove back to Fayetteville after the game. Whelchel drove one vehicle, I drove the other. It was one of those nights where it was pea-soup foggy and just above freezing and you weren’t quite sure when the fog was going to start freezing on the road. But Whelchel was driving like a maniac, and for some reason I exercised extremely poor judgment and tried to keep up with him. The visibility was bad enough even without the risk of ice. By the time we got over the mountain I think I was white as a sheet. Somehow we managed not to drive off the side of said mountain, and I never did that again.

Way back when we drove hiway 23 up thru mountains from Ozark. Now that was always an experience both ways in winter.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.