NCAA softball vs Princeton

Game started on time but ESPN+ didn’t catch up. Mary Haff got the start and worked around a 2-out walk. Hogs coming to bat in the bottom of the first.

TV is on now that Bama put away its 3-0 win over Chattanooga. Wind is blowing straight out to center. I expect we’ll add a few to our total of 102 dingers.

I’m shocked there’s not a full house. A lot of empty seats.

5:00 start time on a Friday is not optimal. I would guess some people actually had to work today.

That’s the only thing I can think of

I think we had the same deal last year when we hosted the regional too. Early start time, late arriving crowd.

KB Sides drew a leadoff walk. The Princeton pitcher has only allowed one HR all year. Hmmm…

McEwen chopped a grounder to short with Sides moving, thrown out at first, but Sides kept going to third base, the 1B overthrew across the diamond and Sides scored on the error. 1-0 Hogs.

1 Like

yeah I saw that 1 Hr and only 6 HR as a team…well we will see

Princeton got a 2-out single, no further damage. Linnie Malkin leading off the 2nd for the Hogs.

Just curious, are the softball players allowed to use the indoor baseball facilities?

They have their own indoor facility next to Bogle.

Got a walk in the bottom of the 2nd, nothing more. Top 3rd now.

See some reserved seats With no one in them……

They’ve filled in a lot since 5 p.m.

Taylor Ellsworth with a double in the third to make it 2-0, runners on second and third. Then Danielle Gibson with a sac fly to make it 3-0.

Yeah I’m watching, was just curious, but I see a Oregon coach or scout in one.

That may be who they’re reserved for. Scouts, etc.

Finally a 3-up-3-down inning for Haff in the fourth, thanks to a Princeton batter being called out for stepping out of the batter’s box during a swing.

The Princeton relief pitcher can’t find the strike zone. She’s throwing all balls, including a WP.

And then she found the zone. GRAND SLAM!

1 Like

Can someone post a link, please. Can’t get it here.

The beer hat works even on my couch in NC!

1 Like

Fred, it’s on the SEC network.

BTW, it’s 8-0 B4, 1 out, 1 on.

3 outs from a run rule

1 Like