My wife's cancer...good news!

As many of you know, my wife had a rare vaginal cancer in 2015. She was successfully treated at MD Anderson with radiation and chemo, and was cancer free for 4 and 1/2 years.

Last December the tumor returned. MD Anderson said the curative treatment was a pelvic exenteration. But, their tumor board was not 100% they could get the tumor with negative margins.

Thankfully, the Mayo clinic felt like they could achieve negative margins, and they did the surgery on June 25. They got negative margins and were ecstatic with the results.

Last week, we returned to Mayo for Mary’s 3-month check. They scanned her head to toe.
NO CANCER.

There will of course be more checks and scans. But as of this moment, there is no cancer in my wife’s body. Glory be to God.

Thank you for all of your prayers. (Oh…and any doctors…please resist quoting any statistics on this thread. We are simply being positive. That is our job. Mary is determined that this will never come back. She is a warrior and a powerful force of positive thought).

I provide this level of detail for anyone out there facing major cancer surgery–especially the huge, invasive one my wonderful wife endured. It can be done. Her life has changed. But she is alive. The tumor gone. And our hopes sky high.

Everyone…in the face of adversity…stay POSITIVE. And FAITHFUL. Whatever your faith may be. Belief is powerful. As is positive thought.

Thank you for all of your continued prayers. What a community this is. Thanks for creating it Clay and Dudley.

Namaste and God Bless…and GO HOGS

14 Likes

So very happy for you guys!

Awesome news. Prayers continued for future good news.

God bless. Enjoy the good news.

Hallelujah!

Praise the LORD.

Praise Him from whom all blessings flow!!

Kind of new that gets me going to start the day. Thank you.

Thanks so much for your inspirational message - we too are being challenged; my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in July. There have been difficult times so far and there will be more, but we know our faith will get us thru the battle. Prayers for your family!

1 Like

Thank you for the good news and everything else you said.

Nothing is more powerful than prayer.

Thanks for the post.

Great, great news! Continued prayers.

Super!! I’m so proud for you and Mary.

Great to hear that your wife is cancer free!
Mayo Clinic, (Jacksonville, Fl), is a wonderful medical facility. My wife retired from Mayo in 2018, after 21 years in radiology.
I was fortunate enough to have access to the great
Medical expertise of the Mayo Drs. When I went through two back surgeries, several DVT’s, bi-lateral PE’s, melanoma, heart attack and knee issues. I will attest that they are some of the best you will find anywhere!
I used to tell my wife, jokingly, that Mayo Clinic doesn’t PRACTICE medicine, they KNOW what they are doing!
Glad that your wife had such success by making the decision to go to Mayo. Our prayers are that she remains cancer free! God bless!

Wonderful news, what a blessing for your wife and family and gives everyone hope that are dealing with similar issues !! WPS

We are happy for you and your wife. Faith in God is beautiful and necessary in this life.

That is wonderful news!

Faith and the power of positive thinking are truly amazing.

So happy for you and yours! My wife went through surgery and chemo for colon cancer four years ago and is also now cancer free. Now enjoy every moment together!

Thanks for sharing that uplifting news.

Now, go grab your wife and enjoy the day! Do something unexpected and fun.

That’s not good news. That’s GREAT news