My thoughts on basketball...

About to leave Memphis and head back to Fayetteville.

I believe the reports the AD and coach met are true, but not sure about the substance of their talk.

I have seen the speculation of Coach A staying, Coach A going, needing to change assistants, etc.

But I have not been able to get that down with enough sources to give be certain of any of those things.

I hear one thing from one source, another thing from another and yet another from a third.

It’s also during these situations that people with agendas call me and try to get me to report stuff that fits their agenda.

One of the hardest things about this job is differentiating between who knows the truth and who wants to set a narrative.

It’s one of the reasons I am so cautious in reporting things as facts.

What I do know is there is a regualarly scheduled Board of Trustees meeting Wednesday and Thursday in Hot Springs.

I have a hard time beliving that we want have a clear idea of things after that.

Do the Board of trusties call the balls and the strikes?.. Congress itself isn’t that influential… Money truly make friends and the lack thereof enemies

I don’t think trustees are the decision makers in a process like this. They clearly were when Bret Bielema was fired, but that was an extraordinary circumstance when the university was without an AD. I think some of the trustees have a strong opinion on the subject and their opinions carry weight, but the decision on Mike Anderson will come down to whether or not Hunter Yurachek believes Anderson is the right man for another season.

Hunter Yurachek played college basketball for 4 years at Gilliford College. He knows the game from junior high, high school and college from the ground up. He should do a great job for us with the basketball program. He has a knowledgeable, experienced view of the game of basketball. This should help him in his perspective and view of our basketball program. He is going to need all his skills to navigate this deal.

[quote=“Jhawg”]

Hunter Yurachek played college basketball for 4 years at Gilliford College. He knows the game from junior high, high school and college from the ground up. He should do a great job for us with the basketball program. He has a knowledgeable, experienced view of the game of basketball. This should help him in his perspective and view of our basketball program. He is going to need all his skills to navigate this deal.

[/quote]I’ll add that we play in the SEC…a tough gig for any program not located near a major city or near a great HS basketball program. We were very fortunate to have Eddie and Nolan as Head Coaches, but neither joined at Arkansas after we entered the SEC. I’m skeptical of those who believe a replacement would have an easy row with it.

Thanks Dudley. Your post exemplifies why Hawgs Illustrated is my one and only source of Razorback information. Integrity is job one here.

Appreciate you and the entire HI team.

Great post Dudley and thank you for doing it. Always come here first to hear it from you and the other writers as I know it will be on point and factual!

I think he’s gone. I wish him the best.

These rumblings make me very sad. I hope they are not true, but I fear that they are. I am, have been and will always be a fan of Mike the man. I understand the frustration. I understand that 3 NCAA tourney appearances in 8 years would get just about anyone fired at a school with as proud of a basketball history as we have. I also think that Mike has been extraordinarily unlucky.What a different situation this would be, if Mike had played this season with Garland, Hall and the guy that Miss Steak bought right out from under us.

It doesn’t matter anymore. The recruiting is over now until a Head coach is hired and now there may be transfers! I wish they would clean house with BOT members and hold them accountable for the years of Heath and Pitiful! CMA never had a chance.

Rumor here in Kentucky is that Calipari is gonna reach out to Joe under the radar.

I doubt that

UK has no problem getting players just as good if not better

Isaiah Joe? I don’t see that happening.

Shooters of Joe’s caliber aren’t a dime a dozen. Put on fifteen lbs of muscle and he’s a beast. He’ll play in the NBA.

I hope that if some do transfer, Hunter releases them from their scholly.

Just sharing what some UK fans have told me. Not any crazier than any of the other rumors i suppose of last week.

How many current BOT members or members of Admin should be held responsible for Heath and “years of pitiful”?

Chris, I think you’re making up crap! You’re better than that.

Jerry, you don’t know me well enough to accuse me of that. I am in the heart of Louisville, my daughters fiancé’s best friend works for KSR. Please don’t call me out again. I would never make something up to get a rise out of folks

THEY NEED TO HIRE THE BOT MEMBERS TO BE THE HEAD COACH OFF THE ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS THEY PROBALY NEVER PLAYED A GAME OFF BASKETBALL IN THERE LIFE

Tommy Boyer played a whole lot of basketball in a Razorback uniform. And I hear he was a primary force against Mike from way back. But he didn’t make this decision. HY did.