My take on the New redshirt rule

Is, I actually think that we, and teams like us may benefit the most from this rule. Hear me out.

When a player transfers out of a school, they almost always take a step down in their next destination, occasionally moving laterally, rarely upgrading.

Our players who transfer are destined for G5, or lower schools.

So who does this hurt? I think it hurts teams like alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio state, you get the point. Why? Because they get the best of the best. The best of the best want to play, and do not enjoy riding the pine. Now if they get upset they have an easy way out with this transfer rule. Where do they land? In a 2nd tier program, like Arkansas and many others.

It’s yet to show enough evidence but I think with time it will hurt the big guys more and help the mid level guys. We could benefit greatly from some Bama/Georgia transfers. Lord knows they could play immediately.

Thoughts?

That is a very reasonable thought. We’ll just have to see how it plays out. There is probably a chance that tweets will be made to hinder some of the transferring. But who knows?

Your take might be correct. But I do not like the rule and see no need for it. It has a potential to get out of hand.

I think you meant to say “tweaks”, not “tweets”. But maybe you’re right.

If the Donald doesn’t like it, he may get busy on that Twitter account of his to try and intimidate some of them and get them to stay put. Maybe he’ll put a tariff on accepting a player that’s transferring from one school to the next.

:wink:

[quote=“WizardofhOgZ”]

I think you meant to say “tweaks”, not “tweets”. But maybe you’re right.

If the Donald doesn’t like it, he may get busy on that Twitter account of his to try and intimidate some of them and get them to stay put. Maybe he’ll put a tariff on accepting a player that’s transferring from one school to the next.

:wink:

[/quote]Tsk, tsk … no politics.

Tweaks…that was what I wanted to type.

I heard this AM that a Clemson QB was transferring. It might have little effect, but if there is an injury to the starter, Dabo will be left with a third string backup as the starter.

Kelly Bryant. Big thread on him on the board this week. And yeah, if their freshman stud gets hurt, Clemson is in a world o’ hurt. Not as bad as our special teams are though.

You’ve got that right, Jeff.

And Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence got hurt today & out of the game now.