My son had a game in Springdale last night

It was his first game back in two weeks after having a bad ankle sprain. He had 15 at half but we ended up losing by two.

I was trying my best not to check the Hog score but couldn’t help myself. I looked at it with about 4 minutes to go until half and we were up 10. I waited till 8:25 to look again because I just knew it would be over by then. My phone was blowing up with text messages but I refused to look at them.

At 8:25 we were up 3 in overtime, I couldn’t bring myself to look and see who had the ball. Not long after that my wife text me in all caps “WOO DAMN PIG”. About a minute after that my son’s team missed a short corner jumper at the buzzer to send their game to overtime. My son finished with 19 but was cramping the last few minutes.

I walked to my truck talking to my wife and she was bag of emotions. She works nights so she couldn’t come to the game with me. Most of the time they live stream the games but last night they didn’t. At the same time she was going crazy telling me about the Hogs.

I got in the truck and made the 4 hour trip back to Hot Springs. I got home around 1:30 and I couldn’t help myself, I had to watch the game on my dvr. I fell asleep around 3am and got to work at 7:30 this morning. Its going to be a long day but I’m going to read everything I can about the Hogs today to keep me awake.

13 Likes

Great story. Glad he’s back playing.

1 Like

Safe to say your family are Hog fans. Be safe and be well. Congratulations on your son’s success.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.