My favorite baseball truism

“Momentum is always only as good as the next day’s pitcher”

Please, Mr Wiggins, have you head on straight today

2 Likes

Yep that’s why you can never get to high or too low in baseball. He has to learn how to be a pitcher and not a thrower, the sooner the better.

1 Like

Throw strikes. He will give up hits. Just can’t walk em.

Yeah strikes are important but mixing pitches is too,He was using CB well there for a little bit on 1st pitches but has gone back to FB a lot more recently it seems and they are all looking for that.

That is my point. Breakers has to be a strike. Gotta land the breaker for a strike.

2 Likes

absolutey…just like you did last night with that nasty cutter :slightly_smiling_face:

Wiggins tends to have better outing at Baum. We will see.
Just dont try to blow it by Elko.

In 40+ innings in SEC play he has an ERA over 7. He’s not a SEC caliber starter. I shudder to think him starting in a Game 3 Super Regional

1 Like

He reminds me some of what Isaiah Campbell was in 2018. He had moments where he looked phenomenal and moments where he looks overmatched. I chalk a lot of that up to the fact that he’s learning to pitch. If he ever puts it all together like Campbell did, he could be a special talent.

4 Likes

Gravity drop.

1 Like

He is a kid with loads of talent who should only get better. He is either a starter at this point or a bench warmer. Can’t move him to the pen and crush his confidence. Can’t bring him in at a tight moment and hope he throws strikes. He is what he is and DVH keeps sending him out there. Good enough for me.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.