My bracket is destroyed

But my Final 4 is still intact. I have us, Baylor, Tennessee, and Auburn. I may be a homer, but as long as we are in it, I always think there’s a chance. Why not us? Go Hogs!
BTW, today’s games were boring. Hardly any drama.

I have Hogs, UCLA, Wisconsin and Arizona in the final 4. Us vs Arizona in the final.

1 Like

And the winner is…?

@jeremy Hogs always. Bracket that way every year.

2 Likes

Me too, Danny. Like the Monkees said, “I’m a Believer.”

1 Like

I hate to admit it, but I didn’t pick a final four that includes Arkansas. I love them, but I just don’t think this year we get past the sweet 16.

My final four will be Gonzaga vs Baylor and Tennessee vs Auburn with a final of Gonzaga vs Tennessee and Tennessee wins it all.

I Just think Tennessee is playing very well right now. SPIT

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I don’t have the Zags getting past Memphis. Penny is a terrible coach, but he’s got a ton of talent.

1 Like

That’s my pick too! But just in case Memphis plays like they normally the Zags will win! Mémphis lacks discipline on both ends of the floor.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be surprised at all if Memphis State beats Gonzaga. Would set up a chance for the Hogs to avenge the Tournament loss by the “underachieving” ‘92 team.

Looking ahead, just for fun, can you imagine the mileage Coach Muss would get out of marketing the brand if the Hogs beat Duke in Coach K’s last game ever? (Although I think Tech beats Duke)

2 Likes

We saw the 2 remaining Monkees sing “I’m a believer” in concert last fall about a month before one of the two (Mike Nesmith) passed away.

1 Like

Mike Nesmith. Whose mom invented Liquid Paper, so they were loaded before the Monkees happened.

Micky Dolenz is the only one left. Davy Jones, Peter Tork and Nesmith all gone.

My bracket is in the 76th percentile in the ESPN contest, not great, not bad. My FF? Tennessee, Texas Tech, Arizona and Arkansas. And we win.

2 Likes

I guess The Monkees were the first pioneers in music television from their show in the mid 60’s.
15 years before MTV.

1 Like

Took the family out to Salt Lake for spring break to hit the slopes. Kept telling myself to find a printer for some brackets so we could at least do a family contest. Alas, I forgot. I most likely would have lost to my oldest son (8) again and this year probably would have been smoked!

1 Like

I remember watching those shows as a young fart and really liking them. I tried to watch an episode I found on youtube about a year ago and couldn’t get through 10 min of it. I just thought it was dumb as shinola. I guess its all about the timing.

I think the showbiz word for it is “campy.” Intentionally dumb, basically. So was the original Batman TV show, which was on the air at the same time.

My bracket it 100% perfect! I don’t know what the problem is but I just stay up every night and after the games end I simply fill my bracket out. Nothing to it.

2 Likes

I’m not so lucky. My rank, with 240 points thus far out of 320, on ESPN is in the two millions. Better than last year though.

My top 16 has been reduced by two—Marquette and Kentucky lost—but my top 8 are still intact.

You’re doing better than me, Fred. There are only 10 million or so people ahead of me, lol.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.