Musselman in his career following a loss

I got to thinking a little while ago about how Isaiah Joe said after the Ole Miss game that one of the team’s mottos is “we don’t lose at home and we don’t lose two in a row.” With Mississippi State up next on the road and Arkansas coming off a loss to Kentucky, I decided to look some things up and, well, Eric Musselman has been really good in his college coaching career after a loss.

He has lost back-to-back games in the same season just four times, and never three straight. Also:

Musselman’s record at home following a loss: 17-1
Musselman’s record on road following a loss: 10-1
Musselman’s record on neutral floor following a loss: 2-2

I understand that these numbers will have no bearing on Wednesday’s game because each game is so individual, but I found it interesting. He and his teams have usually responded well.

Note: Musselman-coached teams have lost their final game of the season three times. I did not count the first game of the following season toward his record since it was a new season/team.

1 Like

Thanks Scottie. Good info to know even if I don’t bet anymore.

Great job really nice info.

If you are good enough to make the post season, the final game of the season is a loss for any team other than the National Championship and the NIT winner.

If we beat Miss State on the road we should vault into to 20. They’re much better than their record! Very difficult matchup… One of the better teams money can buy!!

Miss St has size and they are the top rebounding team in the SEC. Tough matchup. The 3 will have to fall and we need to avoid foul trouble.
Beating them won’t push the hogs into the top 25. This week we went from the 3rd team out receiving votes to the 11th team out!

Oh and how Reggie is shining for Miss St.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.