Most of the time we put Toney on the best player

Who do you guys think he guards tomorrow?

I know Smith gets all the hype, rightfully so, but I think you put him on KD Johnson and try to take him out of the game. He seems to be the one that gets them going. He’s the type of player you love to have on your team but hate him on the other team. Dude really gets on my nerves with all his antics.

1 Like

I think he guards Smith some and one of the little G,he has to stay out of FT,he’s our best defender

I can’t stand Johnson,tries to intimidate people,got good news for him,he’s not going to get away with that on us,I hope the refs let us play some so we can bash him around,make him lose his temper.

2 Likes

I think Toney gets KD Johnson, Umude gets Jabari Smith, and Williams is on Walker Kessler. Just a guess.

2 Likes

Umude and Toney need huge defensive games tomorrow. Our defense is our biggest advantage, that’s what is going to keep us in the game.

One other thing that has changed is that we’ve stopped getting behind and coming back like we did all last year. We are fighting and clawing and staying even rather than falling behind.

2 Likes

Smith and Kessler on the floor together is a matchup nightmare for any team in the country. We need to get one or both in foul trouble early. Maybe we’ll see a little more of Kamani and let him bully them a bit.

2 Likes

Don’t forget about Wade. I see him on Jabari.

His bulldog running back style of offense will get him in trouble eventually.
I just can’t stand Pearl and Auburn.
All the hype should have a black cloud that says cheater on the headline instead of #1.

1 Like

Devo comes in to pester somebody as well.

1 Like

The whistle will either make or brake the hogs! If it blows on both ends equally if the hogs make free throws they should be fine. It may take 10 3’s to put this game in the win column. Defense will be key. Frustrate Auburn and keep them off the offensive glass.

2 Likes

Absolutely Devo is very aggressive and tough as nails.dude had his tooth knocked out,picked it up,went over to the sideline and then came right back in playing… I’m like Hey “That’s my kind of guy right there” LOL

2 Likes

You got that right Youda.

2 Likes

Auburn point guards are really quick. Can Toney match that. Don’t know.

Toney practices against Chris Lykes so he knows a little bit about matching quickness.

Lykes may get a few more minutes in a match up with Green. I wouldn’t have said this a few weeks ago, but his recent improvement on defense could make this match up fun to watch.

2 Likes

I would definitely try Lykes on them bc he’s as quick as they are

1 Like

That’s was my concern too Clay but his length may can make up for it…

1 Like

It will be interesting how the refs call this game. Auburn can probably absorb more fouls than the Hogs, but no lineup is immune.

Their guards initiate a lot of contact so hopefully the Hogs get the home team benefit of the doubt in most of those instances. Either charge or no call. I know Pearl will be in the refs ear from the get go about J.Will to try to turn some of those charges around.

Teddy Valentine is the lead official. He will call fouls.

I think that will have a huge impact on the game… we cannot afford to get J will or JD in foul trouble early in the game. Pearl is not stupid he will try his best to get both of them in trouble and if these refs call these little ticky tacky pinky fouls then we might be in trouble.
I would hope they would call it both ways if that’s the case because they cannot afford to lose Kessler or the guards either.

Hope they let them play because I want us to beat us up the little Tasmanian devils. Make them think twice about taking the ball into the lane, maybe Wade,Toney and Umude can put a little kink in their hose

1 Like