Morris Not Being With Team on Friday Night

This is not a good look and something I disagree strongly with. I’ve never heard of a coach doing this and there are several HC’s with sons playing HS football.

I’ve heard several HCs talk about last minute planning meetings, etc the night before a game. What about the walk through - did we have one and he wasn’t there? What kind of message does this send to the team?

This decision needs to re-evaluated IMO.

This doesn’t bother me. The hay is in the barn by Friday night - or should be. Lots of coaches take lots of Friday night recruiting visits. And even though CCM is going to see his son (who, by the way, is a recruitable athlete with an offer from the U of A), there are several other recruitable athletes at each of those games (from Highland Park AND their opponents of the week) that his is seeing in person.

I have zero problem with this.

Boy, it’s all coming out now isn’t it?

By the time his son graduates he will probably have 30 plus offers and be a Four Star QB… I’m only going to be mad if he doesn’t end up throwing the ball for the Hogs.

Arkansas head coaches have been going to watch their sons play high school football on Friday nights for years. Frank Broyles watched his sons. Bobby Petrino watched his sons at Fayetteville High. Now, this is a bit different because it’s not close at hand. But I know I’d do the same thing. Most everyone here who has a son (or daughter) would figure out a way to see them play. Just trade places and tell me you wouldn’t leave for a few hours and see them play. I sure would.

This is not that uncommon.

You have assistant coaches and associate head coaches for a reason.

I have no problem with it whatsoever.

It is definitely something I would do since there are boosters who loan their private plans for it to happen.

Plenty to criticize about that loss, but I don’t think this is one of them in my opinion.

Ive heard it all now… goof grief

Chad being not with the team on Friday. Night has nothing to do with

Poor play at times on Saturday night

B.B. blew games in 2nd half for years and he was wit the team Friday nights !

Yep, if this team has to have the head coach babysit them on Friday night to be ready Saturday, they’ve lost the game before its played.

I wondered how long it would be before somebody brought this up. I think more of CM for doing it…

that has nothing to do with the Game on Saturday at all…I totally uinderstand what he’s doing and he gets to see his son and any other potential recruit they may be playing.

Very good point.

He gets to see other top players in Texas without it being counted as one of the program’s visits.

Absolutely!! That’s a win-win can’t get any better than that!

Doesn’t bother me at all. First, there’s no reason at all to think it affected the game. Second, I don’t want to be so committed to the idea football is so important that a coach can’t take a few hours off for family time. It’s not like this was during the game or even practice.

This is a non-issue.

I have no problem at all with a coach going to see a son or daughter’s athletics or plays or anything else on Friday nights.

Perhaps many things to be worried about but this is not one of them.

Thank you Dudley.