More on the Southwest Christian prospects

I spent about two hours watching Southwest Christian Academy practice on Friday.

Arkansas Coach Mike Anderson and associate head coach Melvin Watkins were on hand Saturday to watch senior forwards Gabriel Osabuohien, 6-8, 215, of Toronto, and Mladen Armus, 6-10, 215, of Belgrade, Serbia against Providence Christian.

It’s hard to judge too much just on a two hour practice but here’s what I saw:

Osabuohien looks very skilled offensively and uses his length on defense very well. He maybe a more skilled Darious Hall. Just hard to tell in one workout. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t pick up several offers during the season. He’s one to watch for sure.

Armus has good mobility, but not a lot of hops. He seems to understand what to do when he gets the ball down low and I’m told he has a good face up game. I expect him to also get several offers before the spring signing period.

Junior forward/guard Nikola Jerotic, 6-7, 200, is also from Belgrade and passes eye test. I really like his athletic ability. He had been hurt and Friday was his first practice in several weeks. He’ll play for the 17-under Team Portis Wings in the spring and summer. I’m very excited to watch his progress.

SWC beat Providence 72-28 so Anderson and Watkins didn’t have much to go on because of the lack of competition.