More on game shape

Sam Pittman elaborated today on a team’s game shape. He said it has to do with its mental state as much as its physical state.

I know this is probably said with every new coach, so take it for what it is worth, but I have a good friend whose son is on the team. His son swears that the workouts and practices are by far the hardest anyone on the team has ever been through. The son was not on the team under BB, but was on the team under CM.

Anyway, take it for what it is worth.

1 Like

Great to hear… you have to grind in this league if you’re going to be any good.

Pittman seemed, hard to put the right word to it, realistic today. The team he inherited was not, probably still is not, mentally tough. We’ve seen this for three or four years now. Change in culture,total overhaul needed in that area. He knows what needs to be done. And I think he will get it done. When, don’t have a clue. This year just hoping to see some signs of no give up. Hard to do when you play a 10 game sec only schedule with a talent and depth level below your opponents.

Linebacker position needs recruiting help. Tight end we are short on bodies. Will take some decent recruiting for a couple of years to fix this. Breath of fresh air to hear Pittman. Man knows sec winning football.

1 Like

Aloha Matt,

Thank-you very much for taking the time and effort for greater understanding from CSP. Great questions and responses. Mahalo!

GHG!

When I heard it the first time, I was thinking this. Sam and the staff are pushing them more than in the past. Takes some getting use to.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.