Montaric Brown

will be presented his U.S Army All-American jersey at his school on Nov. 15 at 1:00 pm. It will be a huge day in Ashdown.

The game will be televised on NBC at noon on Jan. 7.

[quote=“RichardDavenport”]
will be presented his U.S Army All-American jersey at his school on Nov. 15 at 1:00 pm. It will be a huge day in Ashdown.

The game will be televised on NBC at noon on Jan. 7.
[/quote]And remind people how many players get that honor and how many players we have that have made it to that level. Sosa and Whaley might be the only two I know of right now on our roster, but I might be missing some one.

[quote=“dm919”]

Brian Wallace made one of the AA games, he announced for the Hogs at the game. We also had a guy from CA (I think he was a punter) that made the AA game (I think it was the Army). I believe there was a few more. Maybe someone knows more.

But that is a big deal for the program, and especially for an in state Arkansas player.

[quote=“bakedhog19741”]

It was the Army game.

[quote=“RichardDavenport”]

It was the Army game.
[/quote]But very few Arkansas natives was the point. Hill-- the traitor, lol, of theOSU, JK, but a big deal for Arkansans.

[quote=“dm919”]

Whaley wasn’t an Arkansas native

The punter was Blake Johnson, a current redshirt freshman set to take over for Toby Baker next season and who has punted in a game this season.

[quote=“bakedhog19741”]

[quote=“dm919”]

Whaley wasn’t an Arkansas native
[/quote]Everyone is aware of that, and thanks for reinforcing the original statement of this being a big deal for an Arkansan, or it is to me at least. Congrats Montaric.

“But that is a big deal for the program, and especially for an in state Arkansas player.”