Montaric Brown update...

I just talked with him.

He says he is going to take a visit to Arkansas this weekend and Oklahoma State next weekend.

Says he is still firmly committed to Arkansas and wants to just take another visit.

We’ll see, but I still expect him to be a Razorback

Supposedly Texas is close to offering 2 of our commits. Wish brown would stay home. Some out there not so sure he will stay w us. Hope we can keep him

I understand how easily a young man changes his mind and I think he has a right to take his visits. I just don’t like him saying one week he’s committed and will not take any more visits, but then the next says he will. He wasn’t required to say he wouldn’t take more visits but he did.

Will you like it if he says after this weekend that he’s not going to visit Oklahoma State?

Yeah.
I don’t blame him for wanting the free trip, but when you go back on your word you will get some eyebrows raised. Especially at such an important position of need. I’m glad it’s Okie Light atleast.

Actually, no. I’d be happy for the Hogs because it would seem he’s locked up, but that apparently won’t be certain until the name is on the line, which is always the case. Again, I’m not slamming the kid–for all intents and purposes, he seems like a good young man. But I don’t understand saying, “No, I won’t” one day, and “yes, I will” another. Just a personal issue about keeping one’s word with me. In the long run, he’ll do as he pleases. We sometimes make too big a deal out of these young men anyway.

Would love it.

[quote=“SoArkHog”]
Actually, no. I’d be happy for the Hogs because it would seem he’s locked up, but that apparently won’t be certain until the name is on the line, which is always the case. Again, I’m not slamming the kid–for all intents and purposes, he seems like a good young man. But I don’t understand saying, “No, I won’t” one day, and “yes, I will” another. Just a personal issue about keeping one’s word with me. In the long run, he’ll do as he pleases. We sometimes make too big a deal out of these young men anyway.
[/quote]Nowadays there is ALMOST no such thing as someone keeping their word, especially a teenage recruit. I suppose a commitment is better than Arkansas is on my list of colleges. Nevertheless, a commitment in far from a guarantee that a recruit is going to sign.

Dudley, this is a little strange to me.

I honestly will not trust the kid until he signs and even after that I will question his commitment. This is like the 3rd time he has gone back , these type of things lead to what we saw this year in the second half and 4th qtrs… Just my opinion…

I think he is a great player, and I am sure he is a good kid. He just might not want to be a Razorback and if that’s the case we need to find another good player that does.

When you are a great prospect, other schools are not going to leave your alone just because you commit to another school.

This has become the norm in college football.

He is a very shy kid that doesn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings and has been overwhelmed by all the attention after having gotten none until around May last year.

As I stated, he has told many of his friends that he is all Razorback and I expect that to be the case in the weekend.

10-4… Hope you are right.

[quote=“Citgeauxhog”]

10-4… Hope you are right.
[/quote]Yeah, just leave the kid alone. People talking about him keeping his word on this thread — that is probably exactly what OSU used on him, since he had promised them a visit. Let it play out, and going where he has friends and in his home state — hopefully that has the most weight. Negative comments certainly won’t help.

Great attitude negativity does nothing for us in recruiting. When we first started recruiting curl, most experts didn’t think we had a shot , I think brown will stay in his home state. Also he may decide to cancel the OSU visit after the weekend. We are going to close strong let’s just let it play out.

No doubt from watching his highlights he is a High D-1 recruit. Looks better in his videos than many I’ve seen. Very expolsive and means business when he arrives for the tackle. Also, he has ball skills. He is exactly what any high level program is looking for in a defensive back.

I have confidence he will be a Hog, but I’m not too upset if he wants to take a visit. I want him to be sure he wants to be a Hog. In the end, I think he will.

He’s an 18 year old kid trying to make the biggest decision of his life to date, and being courted by hundreds of people.

I didn’t know what I wanted to do with my life until I was 23. My oldest sister was about 26. I’ve got friends that grew up knowing exactly what they wanted to do their entire life and still some that don’t.

It’s nothing that hasn’t been happening since the dawn of time and easily explainable.