Scottie was our designated viewer at the individual portion of football practice today. Some thoughts and observations he relayed to me:
• Brad Davis was not in attendance today. Sam Pittman spent the entire open portion of practice working with the offensive line. There is no word on why Davis was not at practice.
• Trey Knox, Jalen Catalon, Jarques McClellion and Tyson Morris were at practice today. All four were out when the media was last in attendance last Wednesday. Knox was wearing a green jersey today that in the past has represented a player who was not allowed to be contacted. Catalon (knee) was not wearing pads, but was walking around with the defensive backs in a helmet. Morris had his right hand wrapped but was practicing.
• Media not see Levi Draper, Koilan Jackson or Chibueze Nwanna. Nwanna was also out last week.
• According to Scottie, Zach Zimos stands out more on the field and has a similar body type to Hayden Henry now after adding some weight during the offseason.
• Scottie says Taurean Carter and Marcus Miller are beginning to look more like SEC-sized defensive tackles. “Their stature, their frame, they look better than they did last year.”
• Dorian Gerald and Julius Coates appear to be leading for starting jobs at defensive end.
EDIT: Changed this to say that Catalon was with the defensive backs today, but not working out.