Mizzou, An Ugly Loss

I wrote here not long ago, anything less than 8-4, would be unacceptable by the fans. Now it is an understatement; the fans are furious for the way we played.

Defensive secondary was atrociously incompetent. In the past, we have had some bad ones, but this one has set the record in ugliness.

our inability to rush the QB, sets the tone for offenses to figure out our main weakness, pass defense, followed by flood of points. Let’s not forget that we are not so hot defending the run as well.

Offensive line this year was never crème de la crème. We found that out long ago in TAM game. Yesterday they pulled another TAMU all over again.

I thought the coaches learned their lesson from TAM game, that we don’t have the up-front muscle to push anybody around. If you want to score near goal line, you got to come up with ingenious plays like the Push-pass, to go over or around them. You have been doing that, then all of sudden you forgot? Wrong time!

Allen has been inconsistent as well as the team. We don’t care which came first the “chicken or the egg”. That is, He is not getting protection or he is lost focus and making bad decisions. Perhaps a little of both; all that adds to a big L as loss.

8-5 last year, 7-5 this year. And if we win a toilet bowl (as a friend called it), we match last year’s record. Is this as far as coach B can take us?

I have been a CBB defender over the years. The reason was/is simple; yearly improvement. 2013: 3-9, 0-8 SEC. 2014: 7-6, 2-6 SEC. 2015: 8-5, 5-3 SEC. This year we may finish 8-5, but we’ll be only 3-5 SEC. Not mentioning the bow out losses that has put a bad taste in everyone’s mouth.

What has brought us to this point, you might say recruiting, the difficult SEC West, and coaching. But there is no excuse for such inconsistent performance throughout the year. We are the same team with two personalities. Whose Fault is that?

This year has taken the mustard out of us fans. What CBB does with his staff is his business. We are looking for a more consistent team, one that does not get blown out in a loss and one that can compete in SEC West. Anything less is unacceptable.

I wrote here not long ago, anything less than 8-4, would be unacceptable by the fans. Now it is an understatement; the fans are furious for the way we played.

Defensive secondary was atrociously incompetent. In the past, we have had some bad ones, but this one has set the record in ugliness.

our inability to rush the QB, sets the tone for offenses to figure out our main weakness, pass defense, followed by flood of points. Let’s not forget that we are not so hot defending the run as well.

Offensive line this year was never crème de la crème. We found that out long ago in TAM game. Yesterday they pulled another TAMU all over again.

I thought the coaches learned their lesson from TAM game, that we don’t have the up-front muscle to push anybody around. If you want to score near goal line, you got to come up with ingenious plays like the Push-pass, to go over or around them. You have been doing that, then all of sudden you forgot? Wrong time!

Allen has been inconsistent as well as the team. We don’t care which came first the “chicken or the egg”. That is, He is not getting protection or he is lost focus and making bad decisions. Perhaps a little of both; all that adds to a big L as loss.

8-5 last year, 7-5 this year. And if we win a toilet bowl (as a friend called it), we match last year’s record. Is this as far as coach B can take us?

I have been a CBB defender over the years. The reason was/is simple; yearly improvement. 2013: 3-9, 0-8 SEC. 2014: 7-6, 2-6 SEC. 2015: 8-5, 5-3 SEC. This year we may finish 8-5, but we’ll be only 3-5 SEC. Not mentioning the bow out losses that has put a bad taste in everyone’s mouth.

What has brought us to this point, you might say recruiting, the difficult SEC West, and coaching. But there is no excuse for such inconsistent performance throughout the year. We are the same team with two personalities. Whose Fault is that?

This year has taken the mustard out of us fans. What CBB does with his staff is his business. We are looking for a more consistent team, one that does not get blown out in a loss and one that can compete in SEC West. Anything less is unacceptable.

You can say that again. :smiley: