Missouri transfer DL Trajan Jeffcoat commits to Hogs

3 Likes

Great news… hopefully he can come in and be an impact player.

4 Likes

I mentioned awhile back transfers have until the 23rd to enroll which Jeffcoat will. But I mainly mentioned the 20th because I was told it was very rare to add a transfer the following Monday after the 20th. Well it’s happening again.

2 Likes

Richard what do you think about this kid? He’s got good size. But only had 1sack and 2.5 tackles for loss for Missouri last year.

Just know he was All SEC in 2020. Was he hurt this season?

I’m not really 100% sure, that could be the reason. He had a much better season as a junior with 10 tackles for loss and 3 1/2 sacks.

He was one of the guys I thought might pull the trigger this weekend.

3 Likes

Are you saying we could have another transfer commitment?

Sure seems that NE;CSP and staff have done a good job of meeting our needs, welcome aboard Trajan and wishing you the best. WPS

Another John Ridgeway would be a nice addition.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10021340-john-ridgeway-nfl-draft-2022-scouting-report-for-arkansas-dl#:~:text=Transferred%20to%20Arkansas%20for%20the,2%2Dstar%20recruit%20in%202017.&text=An%20Illinois%20State%20transfer%2C%20John,first%20strike%20on%20his%20opponents.

2 Likes

No. Talking about one or two of the HS kids on campus on Saturday.

Richard …… would you think we are done now until after spring? No JUCOs or HS kids that will sign in February?

If so I’m just gonna say it, great job by Pittman…. And this Jeffcoat addition completely change my opinion from “Good Job” to “Great Job”….

Still need a couple DT’s , and a couple DBs… one or two OLs….

Shamar Easter will sign Feb. 1. Other than that I don’t see anyone else.

Today is the very last day for midterm transfers to enroll for the semester so Jeffcoat is the only one I’m expecting.

He say why he chose us?

His original choice fell through. Right place, right time for Arkansas.

Anything happening here…… Carolina fans think he may be flipping.

If he enrolled on the hill Monday, didn’t the portal close Jan 18th until May 15 th he couldnt do anything, until then could he ?

He’s listed in the campus directory.

3 Likes

If he is a graduate transfer he can transfer again in the May portal. Otherwise, no, he is at UA for 2023. Given his time in college, he SHOULD be a graduate student.

Hopefully he will like it here and be here next season

1 Like