Misery players already hitting the portal

I saw Mizzou fans saying these are depth guys, but they haven’t really been able to crack or hold a starting position. They are saying it’s not about Drink.

Hmm…

1 Like

The fans might be right. I expect we’ll see a lot of 2nd & 3rd team players on a lot of teams enter the portal. Will probably see some upper echelon players on lower level teams enter it to gain starting roles on P5 teams. We’ve benefitted from that system so far despite the loss of Woods to OU. We got Franks & Ridgeway that way. We were fortunate Tre Williams & Utsey wanted to join Odom. I don’t think we’ll lose any players because they don’t like CSP.

1 Like

Agree, but some (like Josh Oglesby) just may not see a path to getting playing time here.

1 Like

Yeah. I can certainly see players transferring out if they don’t see themselves ever seeing the field. In fact, I can see the coaches encouraging those players to leave.

1 Like

That says it’s about Dink

2 Likes

I put it on the recruiting board but Spence Rattle is in portal and probably the biggest fish in the pool. I remember how we pined for D’Eriq King and his relationship with Briles to come and save us. Not a savior in Miami, but was gonna be Heisman hopeful at Houston. The portal gives and the portal takes

1 Like

Not interested in the Rattlesnake
He was awful

2 Likes

I really like the QB we’ve got. I hope we can develop Malik Hornsby as an excellent backup & successor. However, I wouldn’t be shocked if Malik decided to go somewhere for immediate PT

1 Like

At this point, I’d be surprised if Hornsby doesn’t leave. Especially if he sees Lucas Coley looming in the rear view mirror. One thing the portal is doing is now QBs aren’t going to bide their time and wait two or three years to play.

2 Likes

I hate to admit it, but I’ve thought that too. Potentially could be better than KJ IMO. He can transfer and step right in to the starters role in a similar offense.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.