Mike Anderson, players preview Florida

Jalen Harris and Adrio Bailey

JH: Gabe takes a lot of charges in practice, and he’s sacrificing his body for the team.
AB: He’s good at reading and rotating. If he’s on the backside then you know he’s going to be there to make the offensive guy alter his route or his shot.
JH: I’m working on my shot after practice. It’s all about confidence. … Harris now 4-of-30 from 3 this season after hitting one at A&M.
AB: Jalen is my dream point guard. I wish I would have had a point guard like him in high school. Now that we’re playing with a guard like then we can really only go up from here.
JH: Getting our bodies in there to rebound helps out the bigs a lot. The guards have been really working on sticking our noses in there
AB: Getting the road win was big, but we mostly want to protect home. We take pride in beating someone in their own house.

• Both players said they’re not worried about KeVaughn Allen on Wednesday. Jalen Harris said he isn’t familiar with Allen at all, and Bailey smiled and said he wasn’t concerned with him as a player.
    JH: We’re more than just a one-man wrecking crew. We haven’t really reached our full potential, but if we keep playing like we did at A&M then the sky will be the limit for this team.

Mike Anderson

• Florida is coming here Wednesday and they are hard-nosed and athletic. Very athletic team. Another chance for us to get better. Thought the A&M win was a big one, but it’s on to the next one. Florida is balanced and has played a tough schedule.

• I’m sure KeVaughn Allen is looking forward to the homecoming, but they have more guys, like Jalen Hudson. We’re different than last time we played them and so are they.

• The guys who start out have to come out ready to play. Defensively we have to recognize shooters. Keith Stone has had some pretty good games against us, and they do a good job of spreading the floor and attacking. I look forward to our fans helping us kick off the SEC home schedule with a good atmosphere.

• You have to protect the home court, he said of road teams going 3-2 in league play on opening weekend. Ole Miss has some good players. Kermit Davis is doing a good job there. It’s going to be a war each time out. Competition in our league is really good.

• Rebounding is something our guys had to understand the urgency of. What he really liked was the Arkansas had 8 team rebounds to A&M’s 2. It’s something we talk about all the time. It’s not like we just started going over it last week.

• Gabe is in the right place at the right time a lot. His help-side defense is solid most of the time, and that puts him in great position. He tried to take four the other night. I think it’s one of the greatest play in basketball in terms of defense.

• I don’t know why Florida has kind of dominated the series in recent years. They’ve just won games. They’ve had some good players there, but in terms of the series since I’ve been here, the games we’ve played them right there. There’s been some great games and we’ve come up short in some, but at the same time I think we’re a great program and so are they.