Mike Anderson and Scotty Thurman

Will be doing an in-home visit with Zhaire Smith tonight.

Nice! Glad to see they are really giving this young man the attention he deserves! He’s a stud!

Scotty Thurman doing a great job on the recruiting trail! Mike and Scotty make a good team in a recruits home. WPS!

Zhaire said the in-home went great. He said the conversation with Anderson and Thurman was outstanding. He said he was glad his mom was able to be involved.

You think we are in pretty good standings RD?

Who is our main competition for Zhaire?

I would say Texas Tech and Texas

I do believe they are. The weekend visit went a long way in helping Arkansas.

I bumped into him Saturday and asked about his non Arkansas offers and TTech was the first one he named, fwiw.

Thurman seems to be MA best recruiter…dont even bring TJ up!

Any idea when he will take an official visit to Arkansas? Has Texas offered him?

Not bringing TJ up is ignoring all the recruits that TJ has brought in and signed. TJ and Melvin Watkins have been instrumental in success of Mike Anderson at three schools and look at all the players they have signed,

I love that Scotty is now part of the recruiting team, but Scotty has not proven anything yet. Has Scotty been responsible for signing anyone other than Brachen Hazen, who we can only judge over the next few years?

We have a nice recruiting team in Watkins, TJ and Scotty. They don’t meet some people’s elite standard, whatever elite means, but I maintain recruiting assistants can be only as good as the profile of the head coach.

He’ll be on Recruiting Thursday tonight. I plan to ask him.

TJ was the lead on Barford and CJ Jones.

I completely forgot he was going to be on this week, I missed the live broadcast of his interview, is there a link to it anywhere or could you give us a summary of what he said?

Response: wait this is too weird, where were you to bump into this man Saturday? Secondly why would you ask a stupid question such as that?

[quote=“PJHawg”]

Not bringing TJ up is ignoring all the recruits that TJ has brought in and signed. TJ and Melvin Watkins have been instrumental in success of Mike Anderson at three schools and look at all the players they have signed,

I love that Scotty is now part of the recruiting team, but Scotty has not proven anything yet. Has Scotty been responsible for signing anyone other than Brachen Hazen, who we can only judge over the next few years?

We have a nice recruiting team in Watkins, TJ and Scotty. They don’t meet some people’s elite standard, whatever elite means, but I maintain recruiting assistants can be only as good as the profile of the head coach.
[/quote] ok I admit my post was a bit hyperbolic but ur comparisons are unfair because TJ has been here since MA has & Scotty has been able to recruit only recently.
My point was MA has been taking Scotty to see highly coveted recruits since his promotion which I think speaks very loudly

I’m hoping they get them online today.

Response: What a bizarre response. Why is it weird and why are you being rude about a simple update concerning a kid we are recruiting?

I shouldn’t respond considering the tone of your post in response to a pretty benign post by me, but I will.

A) I was at BWA with my son. It was his first BWA game since he was 3.

I bumped into Zhaire by the lockerroom. I was there because I have Cerebral Palsy and the BWA folks let me ride the elevator down instead of taking the steps.

Luckily, when we got to the lower level, the elevator let us out down by the lockerroom. It was a lucky break.

Idk if they had postgame interviews or what, but the only current players we saw were the 3 seniors.

My 9-year old son was able to get autographs of all 3 seniors as well as pics with them and Scotty, who was getting on the elevator when we were getting off of the elevator.

B) I talked to Zhaire for a few minutes because he was just standing there waiting for MA with his family while my son and I were standing right by Zhaire.

I thought it was him because I had read about him, here, and he was fairly tall and wearing an EYBL shirt. I confirmed that it was him (I just asked him).

Then, we were just making small talk because we were standing right beside each other. He was very well-mannered for a kid that age these days. He seemed to be a “yes sir, no sir” type.

I told him I had read about him on this board and said I had heard good things about him. I asked him what he thought about BWA and he seemed impressed.

Then, not knowing if we had offered, yet (I think MA probably did a few minutes later, because MA came out of the lockerroom while we were talking and pulled him aside and said he wanted to talk to him and then, later, I read, here, that we offered that day) I asked him about his offers and schools he was considering in addition to Arkansas (who we had just talked about).

He named TTech and one or 2 others and then that’s when MA came up. MA started talking about the good group of guys they have at UA and then MA, the kid and the kid’s family went to the lockerroom.

So, that’s how the pretty normal “weird” thing happened–all in about a minute or 2–and is why/how I asked such a simple, reasonable, “stupid” question.

No hole deep enough to cover all the s#!t you walked into
with that cheap shot.