Mike, About an Advertisement...

… that keeps showing up in the midst of practically every story. It’s apparently for Absolut Vodka. I don’t want to be a prude but people with “nothing to hide” is not exactly my idea of the kind of commercial that should be showing up on these pages, especially with young eyes potentially seeing them. Is this an ad that WHS or ADG has put in here, or is it coming from other places? I’d like to find a way to keep it off my pages if at all possible. Thanks for any help you can give.

I have taken money from alcohol companies my entire 27 years at Hawgs Illustrated. We had Budweiser on back cover of our magazine for 21 years. We have ads to the Wine Group now. And we’ve had other companies, too. The vodka ad you talk about is a revolving sell that may not run much. I have yet to see it. But I am not going to try to stop it from appearing. The UA sells alcohol related ads. We will, too.

Cheers! Can we now get beer sales approved at SEC sporting events?

I’ll drink to that!

Clay, I’m not opposed to alcohol ads. I know that’s a part of life and have no problem with it. I just think this particular one is offensive. Hopefully, it cycles through quickly, but I’d prefer not to see it.