Mercy, Turn on the bright lights

and Devo Davis comes ready to play. That’s exactly what happened last year. The bigger the stage and Devo goes of.

Boom ready to play!

2 Likes

Devo takes a lot of flack on this board, but he’s a gamer. People are already assuming that he will be burried on the bench next year, behind all the 4+ and 5* newcomers. I wouldn’t count on that.

2 Likes

He has showed up in critical games this year, would like to see him become more consistent and I certainly believe he will as he matures. WPS

2 Likes

He has no fear, that is for sure

vermont isn’t/wasn’t quick enough to give devo fits handling the ball, which muss kinda implied in his post game when he said Devo will come in at different positions, but thought he’d be good running the point against Vermont. I’m not sure how quick NMST is, but matchup is a big deal. I’m happy Devo is getting into his groove, but that groove can fill in if he has to run the point against a more pressing/quicker team.

IMO, there’s one more step Devo needs to take to become a much better overall player. He has to learn to dribble and drive to his right. In the SEC, every team has scouted him multiple times, and they’ve learned to overplay him to his left on defense. That severely limits his driving capabilities for scoring and passing.

He worked hard on his three point shooting in the off season and did improve it. He now needs to work as hard this off season on his right hand ball handling and driving. Driving to his right, would also open passing lanes he doesn’t have when always going to his left.

IMO he will always be an integral part of this team as long as he’s here. How big a part depends on him and how hard he works to continue improving his game.

I love Devo and will always root hard for him to be successful.

1 Like

Yes he really needs to work exceptionally hard on dribbling much lower and tighter to his body. I like the work he’s putting in on his shot, he just now has to become a more complete player by being able to handle the ball much better than he does now. He is an absolute gamer and got a lot of great experience last year so no game is too big for him. He’s the kind of player we need during this time of year

1 Like

Needs to get that high dribble in check.

1 Like

I remember the toothe game and nobody knocking the kid then.
He’s the one you see leaping at balls knocked out of bounds trying to keep ‘em in play flying into the crowds. All over the floor on loose balls. Getting his hands on balls anywhere near him in crowds.
Plus he has a great tea bag.

1 Like

He’s up and down. That’s just the way it’s gonna be when you aren’t a great shooter or ball-handler. But he’s a gamer. That loose ball recovery and pass to Toney for the dunk was beautiful.

2 Likes

Outstanding athlete. Gritty, tough competitor. Love his heart. Yes, he needs to continue to work on his basketball skill set and I have no doubt he will. Love this kid and (as said above) root hard for him to be successful!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.