Meanwhile at LSU

. . . They have found a QB. That makes them much scarier than the way they started the year.

I’m assuming you are talking about Danny Etling.
Danny Etling was 6-14, 100 yards, 1 INT and 1 TD against Jacksonville State, a FCS team. There is a reason he transferred from Purdue, which happens to be the worst team in the Big 10.
I’ll withhold judgment until he plays against SEC competition.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Etling is a better option for LSU simply based on not being Harris.

I agree it remains to be seen whether he can be good enough to push them over the top, but he at least gives them some hope. I think it would be hard for Miles to keep playing Harris at this point. Now Harris might come off the bench and play great at some point this season, but right now he’s awful, and their whole team knows he’s awful.

Yeah, but they still have Less Miles. :slight_smile:

Good point, WSOP and long may they keep him.

I’ve spent the week with a fanatical LSU fan (or two). They claim to be happy about the loss at WI and the 1st quarter problems for Harris. They say without those Harris would still be the QB.

Danny Etling considered transferring here, as you may recall. He chose LSU, I think, because he knew their QB situation was much shakier than ours. Turns out he was right. He would not be starting for us. But he’s starting for More Kilometers.

Did you notice Etling’s performance that “won” the job? 6 for 14 with 1 pick for 100 yards. People would be lined up behind Fred to throw tomatoes at Austin Allen if he’d had a game like that.

The enthusiasm comes from Etling’s first half, 6-8 for 100 yards and a touchdown.

Second half, 0-6 with an interception and a sack-fumble.

Yippee! They’re golden.