Maturity and wisdom

Aloha,

For the first time in recent memory, I sincerely feel we have a head football coach and staff which exhibit maturity and wisdom. Obviously our Insiders know better than me out here in the middle of the Pacific. But that is how I see it under my palm tree.

GHG!

1 Like

As I watch snow fall softly into my daughter’s backyard in Fayetteville, I’d love to see what it looks like from under your palm tree. Aloha, right back at you Guy.

I agree with how you see it from your warm little spot in the Pacific. Only been there once and it was in June. I can only imagine how “winter” would feel in one of our most beautiful states.

I feel the same way out here on top of the mountain. Finally! May not work out, but at least he is a real football coach that knows what it takes.
Look forward to sitting under that palm tree with you with you in about 3 wks!

Jim, a friend of mine was in Vail a couple of weeks ago. She’s a Floridian and I thought she might need your assistance, but turns out she has a little experience as a snowboarder and didn’t want two-board lessons. Although her buddy on the trip wound up with quite a few bruises on her butt from snowboard tumbles.

That is what happens to those guys on the one big board.

2 Likes

Aloha,

I greatly enjoyed watching the pair of videos of CSP discussing the 2020 recruiting class. Very humble and polite. Respectful to a fault. Measured in his words. Especially enjoyed the comments about not able to truly judge our current OL because they have yet to start hitting or try to hit a moving target. That to me means CSP values very physical practices. Lastly, from his comments I judge he confirmed the vast amount of our opinions about the Razorbacks being under sized and too slow. They are striving to bulk up the players currently enrolled and recruited big fellas for the LOS and speed elsewhere. Very refreshing. Lastly, call me prejudice if you like, but I am proud of his southern accent. It just amplifies his humility and heart. I think our players will give him and his staff the effort we have missed for too long.

GHG!

1 Like

Aloha, I would add a comment that often is not understood. Getting stronger improves your confidence as Pittman noted in his remarks . Our teams lacked confidence the last two years and probably longer. My take away is the staff senses the lack of confidence and it ties into getting players who can play soon. Second point not always appreciated is physical practices are hard because they test your stamina and more critically your mental preparation to play at high level when fatigued. Stength helps both but mental edge or heart as sometimes called is just as big. Spring practice should be much different than last two years.

Completely agree with your post, we have looked weak for a few years now, it’s impossible to have confidence when your getting your rear end whipped on every snap. I believe this staff will make men out of these guys by building strength and depth which will build confidence. We have not had the strength or depth to compete for more than half a game, the last two years of CBB until now we half only showed up the first in the first half at best. Looking forward to seeing our guys moving opponents off the line and hard hitting tackles, that’s our reputation from the past as you knew the Hogs would play physical football. I’m looking forward to hard nose football returning to the Hill !! WPS

I believe that we all feel the same way, Hawaii dude (both about CSP and envious of your location)

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.