Matt: Where do you think ladies

will be seeded? I heard from some ESPN guy named Charlie that we would probably end up 7th and be sent to UConn . Your thoughts?

I think the expectation is that Arkansas will be a 6 or 7 seed. The team was probably an 8 or 9 going into the SEC Tournament, but seems to have played its way out of that seed, which would force it to play a No. 1 seed in the second round.

As a 7, Arkansas probably would play at UConn, Louisville, Stanford or North Carolina State. It seems the last 2 seed is a toss up between NC State and Mississippi State.

If Mississippi State is a 2, Arkansas won’t be sent there. The same goes for if Arkansas is a 6-seed and Mississippi State is a 3. The NCAA wants to avoid two conference teams playing each other before the Elite Eight.

As a 6 or a 7, it seems like there is about a 50 percent chance the Razorbacks could be sent West. Stanford is a solid 2, and UCLA, Gonzaga and Arizona all have a shot at being a 3.

As Charlie Creme has pointed out, Oregon will be the 1 seed out West which means Stanford won’t be the 2 (if more than one team from a conference is seeded 1 through 4, they can’t be put in the same regional). He thinks UConn will be the 2 seed in the West, so we’d be in the West regional even if we’re sent to Storrs as a 7.

Here’s how Charlie sees the 1 and 2 seeds:
Greenville regional: South Carolina and NC State
Fort Wayne: Maryland and Louisville
Dallas: Baylor and Stanford
Portland: Oregon and UConn.

actual Creme bracketology, we are in Storrs

Updated…now in Raleigh…in the same regional with S. Carolina…

:frowning:

We’d have to beat NC State and probably UCLA to get our fourth chance at the Chickens in that scenario. I’d take that outcome.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.