Matt: Hogs Roster

Any idea when the Hogs 2023 roster will be released? I know there will be a cutdown at some point, but with so many new faces the info would be interesting.

I’ve never seen a reduced roster before Christmas.

This is the fall roster. There might be some players who go elsewhere at semester, but there is no guarantee that will happen. When redshirts are counted, you can carry more than 35 on your roster.

Thanks Matt. Seems to be a lot of talent there.
I hope the improvement in pitching control and command proves to be true. That could be a major difference maker for this team.

I have heard convincing rumors from usually very reliable source that pitching is REALLYY strong and deep with impressive newcomers showing the way.

From the D1 Fall Report on Arkansas by Aaron Fitt:

The Razorbacks did not need to reload on the mound, because they are loaded with quality returning arms, but they nonetheless bolstered the staff further with some nice additions. There is no question that pitching will be a major strength for this squad — it might even prove to be the best staff in college baseball.

The full article is long and detailed, but behind a PAY WALL. (most best??)

Matt Hobbs told me the pitchers are recording the best fall numbers since has been here. He isn’t talking about velocity, though it is there, but more about pitches inside the strike zone. There are a lot of options on this staff, including as many from the left side as the team has had in at least 10 years.

2 Likes

College baseball - like MLB - has become about landing the breaking ball for strikes. I expect to see this team improve in that area.

Kevin Kopps has velo, but his ability to throw several different pitches with movement for strikes made him a GREAT pitcher.

1 Like

I have D1 subscription

The Cliff Notes version of the report is that we are loaded again and will be legit Omaha contenders

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.