Matt Hobbs assessment

I spent some time talking with Matt Hobbs last night about the way his staff pitched this weekend. The Razorbacks held the SEC’s best hitting team to .173 on the weekend and to nearly 17 runs below its average.

You could say he was pleased. Here is more: http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2019 … cs-best-l/

Great job Matt.Those two freshmen will control our destiny they have to be able to repeat these performances every week.I don’t know what was different this week for Noland but he’s got to be able to go out there and give us a quality start each week to keep us from burning up our bullpen. If we can get to where we have three very good starters we make it make it to Omaha.

Probably because he is now focused on just one sport, at least for a little while.

The pitching this weekend against Miss St shows hope for this season and next season as well. Campbell won’t be here next season Noland and Wicklander will have to anchor the staff. It would be a breathe of fresh air for Bolden to get his rehab compete and get back on the mound to help next season.
The pitching will need to be good for the hogs to get enough wins to host a super regional. That’s what is want to see.

I honestly was beginning to wonder if Hobbs was a good hire after the Little Rock game (and a couple of others), but I’m glad to see we’ve held things together with the pitching. I still feel we’re not as deep as we need to be in the bullpen (though I suppose you almost always have that feeling), but hopefully we can avoid any more injuries and finish the year strong.

[quote=“MDW”]

I honestly was beginning to wonder if Hobbs was a good hire after the Little Rock game (and a couple of others), but I’m glad to see we’ve held things together with the pitching. I still feel we’re not as deep as we need to be in the bullpen (though I suppose you almost always have that feeling), but hopefully we can avoid any more injuries and finish the year strong.

[/quote]What have been our mid-week non starters have been abysmal (except for helping Texas and UALR achieve wins).

They also beat Texas in midweek, along with some others. I do recall that Hogs led UALR. Kole Ramage was the one that let Trojans get going. Defense was also a problem against UALR, and base running.