Matt, have you asked what % season ticket renewals were?

Having made the press box to season ticket transition, it’s not that bad. Another reason to cough up the larger donation for good seats; the cheap seats are more likely to have morons. I didn’t like being stuck next to the visiting fans in WMS for several years, and upped my donation to get out of that. Although I must say seeing the look of shock on LSU fans’ faces for the Miracles on Markham made up for a lot of that.

Yeah, my boys and I always comment when looking at the LSU/GA/Bama OL/DL, saying “goodness, those our SEC linemen.” Their, uh rears, are big, lots bigger than our guys. I’m guessing that’s what Sam is striving for.

It is a good guess, Rice.

My dad called the big tail end “haunches.”

I get it Clay. I spent a few years involved in NASCAR (we were sponsors) when I attended a race I was in the pit box and prior to the race spent time in the owner/driver RV area. I’m spoiled to that and have zero desire to sit in the stands.

I probably could be persuaded by Jean Ann or Sarah to join them, but I might be like Coach Broyles and take a walk before the end of the game. I just don’t want to sit around people who are yelling at the players or coaches. I know that happens. They can do what they want, but I don’t have to stay for it. I have sat with Sarah at a baseball game when the newspaper had some seats on the front row. I found those seats interesting.

LOL. I kind of like sitting nearby the “drunks and morons.” I find comfort in being around those of my own ilk.

2 Likes

I resemble that remark!

This is easy to explain; I’m spoiled. I’ve sat at the 50-yard line in the press box for the last 40 years. The Tulsa World’s seat was always next to my dad’s seat – probably because he asked for that. And the Hawgs Illustrated seat is pretty good, too, on the 50. Yes, that’s probably some seniority.

I had a young man ask me some questions one time about my job. He said, “They pay you to go to the games, right? They put you in the press box, right? They feed you in the press box, right? You have a pretty good job, right?”

I tried to explain that I had to stay after the game a few hours to write stories and edit copy. That I might get home well after midnight for a 6 p.m. game. He still didn’t think it was a hard job.

That young man went into broadcast journalism as a camera man at a TV station. He later quit that job and went back to college and got his accounting degree. He is now the controller at the University of Arkansas. He makes good money and quits at 5 p.m. I tried to tell him he was making a mistake by going into journalism. So did his dad, a dentist. He finally got it.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.