Matt/Dudley what happens to non-conference games

we had scheduled this year. Do we try and re-schedule in another year and I know schedules are made years in advance or do we try to reach a settlement with those teams that we owe money to? What happens to ND series?

There won’t be a settlement if the games aren’t played. Arkansas had sufficient force majeure language in the game contracts.

In the cancellation letters to Nevada, ULM and Charleston Southern, Hunter Yurachek said he was open to scheduling them again in the future if there is mutual interest. The Notre Dame series is still contracted to be played in 2025, but needs to be restructured to make up for this year’s cancellation.

Arkansas virtually has its schedule complete through 2025, so it would be awhile before you see any of those matchups in the event they are rescheduled.

I believe Texas game here in 2021 is still on

Nevada cancelled its season. Even without the force majeure clause, we wouldn’t owe it any money. So many schools have cancelled games & the reasons are so obvious, I’m not at all worried about having to pay out anything for cancelled “money games.”

I think the Big South canceled its season, too. That is the league Charleston Southern plays in.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.