Malzahn or Norvell

If everything seems to be true, and these are the top two guys.

I don’t know about y’all, but I can sleep easy at night. It’s a win-win situation to me. Both guys have their pros and cons, but I’d be excited to have either one!

So bring either one on.

I don’t think it’ll be either, if it is, it’ll more likely be Gus, because as has been said Norvell is a “hot name.” I don’t think he would wait possibly until mid Jan to see what Gus is gonna do. To many schools talking to him.

I agree, I don’t think he will wait.

I also don’t think we will wait on Gus.

It’s critical to get a coach in place before the early signing period.

Absolutely agree, and the other thing with Gus that people are overlooking, is if he did make a backroom deal with the good ole boys and then loses today, you may be able to make the argument he threw the game. What does that say about him if true?

I knew that would come out, and if he loses it probably will.

Is it true? No.

If it was, I don’t really care because I hate any Alabama school.

But let’s be honest, he’s not going to do that, he has a really good chance to get into the playoffs.

And that’s my point

College Gameday this morning actually argued that Bama lost so much talent from injuries this year that a two loss Clemson (losses to Syracuse and Miami) that isn’t an ACC Champ, should get in over a 1 loss Bama (loss to AUB) that isn’t the SEC Champ.

According to them Bama isn’t very good

Absolutely agree, and the other thing with Gus that people are overlooking, is if he did make a backroom deal with the good ole boys and then loses today, you may be able to make the argument he threw the game. What does that say about him if true?[/quote

Throwing the game?..Big stretch, its a helleva game going now if you like Def, which we could use

Malzahn: Even with great talent, Malzahn struggled from 2014 through mid-2016, having a 2-10 SEC stretch. However, I think he’s become a better coach. The 2016 LSU late snap gave Malzahn more time. He learned what type of player to recruit and how to win in the SEC. He knows it takes both offense and defense to win in the SEC. Plus, I’ve always admired Malzahn’s ability to adapt his offense to his players. He’s doesn’t try to force his preferred system, when it’s not a good fit for his players.

Norvell: It might take him a few years to figure out how to win in the SEC, and recruit to his offense. Not sure his teams play great defense, or if he even emphasizes D.

So, I’d take Malzahn, if given that choice. Even though I really don’t like the man, I want what’s best for the Razorbacks.

Yeah you’re correct.

Gus also has only been a HC in college for 6 seasons, so he of course had to have the normal learning curve. I do think he’s on the other end of that, and is as good of a coach as anyone, especially play calling.

Norvell, spectacular young coach, but he would have to have his learning curve still.

Neither. … Mike Leach has brought two teams from the dumpster: Texas Tech and Washington State. His teams know how to score. He is. Jeff Gundy with more experience . Watch them tonight…

Texas Tech under Dykes avg 6 wins a season
Texas Tech under Leach avg 8 wins a season

Not counting bowl games for either

That’s not exactly bringing them out of the dumpster. He also has baggage (most coaches would), he’s also never coached in the SEC, so he’d have “the learning curve” everyone else has.

His name is also drawing the same responses Gus’ does, divisive. So, no thank you

I will say I’m impressed with AUB’s D today. I think that’s all the more reason we won’t get Gus. He’s gonna win the SEC