Macon is playing like trash

Has been garbage most of this season. Mentally weak. Vs tough d he just reverts to terrible habits forcing garbage shots out of his frustration. Has not improved a lick since last year. Should have worked on his game instead of trying to get attention all summer.

He a good player, but not a great player. He can’t win this game by himself…too much one on one…

Worse than trash

Macon:

13 points

6-15 FG

1-5 on 3s

0-0 FT

6 rebounds

5 assists

4 turnovers

13 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists are not trash. The 6-for-15 field goal shooting isn’t great. And not getting to the line is bad. When Macon is going well, he gets to the foul line. But even the great ones don’t always get to the line. The four turnovers are an issue, but again, even great ones have tough games handling the ball. I would say that when you’re getting beat by 15, everything looks bad.

Daryl had a stretch late in the first half when he was really aggressive attacking the rim after Jaylen Barford had to sit with three fouls. But I thought he was a little sloppy with his handle several times tonight and that’s pretty uncharacteristic. He finished with a season-high four turnovers.

Next question.

Wait he’s the alpha right?

Macon is a team player on offense. He’s not on defense.

[quote=“SoArkHog”]

13 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists are not trash. The 6-for-15 field goal shooting isn’t great. And not getting to the line is bad. When Macon is going well, he gets to the foul line. But even the great ones don’t always get to the line. The four turnovers are an issue, but again, even great ones have tough games handling the ball. I would say that when you’re getting beat by 15, everything looks bad.
[/quot

While the OP lacks tact, and disregards the good things Macon has done and makes personal attacks, I agree with the overall point. Macon is playing poorly.

I don’t think it has anything to do with being weak. In fact, I think it’s more about being too strong willed. He’s trying to do too much.

People complain about the motion offense not being a system or that it isn’t working. Well, tonight it looked very good in spurts but as it has too often, lately, it stalled when it got to Macon. He really is forcing and it’s leading to live ball turnovers, poor transition defense and wasted opportunities.

I expect Macon will figure it out but right now he is in a funk.

[quote=“TheNotoriousPIG”]

Yep I certainly wouldn’t write my comments in a newspaper or real sports story. But I needed to vent a little. Internet board seems to be the place for that. I know Macon has done a ton for the program and I’m sure he will bounce back at some point hopefully for postseason redemption this year. But currently he is playing like trash and appears to be selfish with his off court and on court reluctance to share the spotlight to benefit the team performance. I can’t really change my opinion on that right now. But I have a ton of faith that mike will correct this issue, and I really hope I’m not proven wrong about that.

15.6 points per game
45% shooting from a guard
42% from 3
83% from the line
Leads team in minutes played, 3 pointers made, free throws made, steals, assists (by 20), and has a 2/1 assist to TO ratio.

I’m sure he isn’t satisfied with all of his performances, but he is a very good college basketball player.

The significant problems with this team are mostly on the defensive end of the floor (IMO).

Pesky facts always getting in the way.

Indivisible stats alone don’t win ball games.
The defenseive effort has to be there and it sure wasn’t last night. You can’t give up wide open 3’s and uncontested layups and win. The easy simple play is what this team needs to make.
I enjoy watching the offense most of the time but the defense stinks!

After watching the LadyBacks tonight, it appears there is something contagious on the Hill.