Lunardi has moved the Hogs to a 6 seed

OH St is a good example of why you may not want to get to the championship game of your conference tournament. In their tournament, they played 4 straight days and lost in the championship game in OT. Probably the definition of “tired legs”. They proceeded to the NCAA Tourney as a 2-seed and lost to ORU, a 15 seed in the 1st round. Iowa, at least made it to the 2nd game, and lost to a 7 seed.

2 Likes

No 4/5 Seed for me, please.

If we can’t get up to the 2/3 line, a 6 will be just fine, thank you.

I’ve already forgotten, what was our seed last year?

3 seed

A 6 instead of a 4 or 5 seed? No thanks. Your chances to get to the 2nd week end go way down. You’ve got to be looking way ahead to getting into the elite eight without having to play a 1 seed. I’ll always take my chances with the lowest seed possible.

Yea well ORU was good

First of all we aren’t going to win out. But if we did, idk, I guess our “bad losses” preclude us from a 1 seed. But Purdue is not deserving, I could see that watching them stumble at Rutgers earlier and then we see what they did with a golden opportunity last night. Auburn with two losses to us (if we meet in sec finals) would still not have a bad loss like us but they would have a more complicated argument for a 1 seed. Gonzaga seems to be gifted a perennial 1 seed ,if they survive their non conference schedule it’s a guarantee form this point in the season. Arizona has a pretty easy path too but may lose to UCLA again in pac12 tourney. What is the bruins ceiling with 4 losses? After these teams you have to like the chances of Kentucky,Houston,Duke,Kansas,Baylor. Wisconsin, slim chance. USC slimmer. Definitely no 6 loss teams on the 1 or 2 line. LOTS of teams ahead of us though. If we get a 4 seed and make the sweet 16 that drastically exceeds my expectations before the season.
PRIORITIES:

1. Beat Kentucky
  2. Win sec tourney
  3. Make second weekend of the madness
  4. Fill the superdome with hog calls
    (2-4 may have to wait until next season)

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.