Luke Hasz Highlights

This is a grown man who I expect to play next yr and play well,incredible blocker with very good hands and speed!! strong hands and has been well coached.He is a beast!

3 Likes

He certainly is. The question I have is how will our OC incorporate him into an offense that is very run oriented.
And, how will the OC split the passing game between the wide outs, slots, and the TE’s. And, will our OL be better at pass protection.

Little known fact. Luke’s dad was a stud WR at Jenks. I believe holds receiving records. Glad Luke is a Razorback!

Edit: I looked in the Jenks record book and D Hasz has two of the top 10 receiving yards in a season, most receptions in a career and most yards in a career in Jenks history.

1 Like

TE down the middle off play action is open 90% of the time. You can drag him across the field on bootlegs,so many ways they can be used… Hopefully we will do that.

1 Like

In watching Dallas last night I would love to see us incorporate some of those same types of fake handoff and then roll out plays to the TE. It seems like it is open almost all of the time. With the threat of a great running game that type of play action should be there all day in our offense. If the DB moves up then a dragging WR across the middle in the 2nd layer should be open then!

1 Like

Yeah well what it boils down to is the LB is responsible for the Run but he’s also responsible for drop zones in the short to Middle. Well they can’t be in two places at the same time. They have to honor the possibility of run and by then they’re already a step or two behind the TE who is running free in the middle of field .I thought we should have used Knox a whole lot better than we did in that scenario. Although he did drop a couple of his interceptions.
Hasz is going to be a beast as a blocker and is a pass receiver. It will be hugely important for us to develop him in to the game plan in a big role which will be a big help to the offense.

1 Like