LSU with a well deserved win at Bud Walton

The Lady Razorbacks got most of the breaks and I believe every tie-up went their way. However, their sloppy play, what you might expect in high school, gave LSU the win.

Be careful. Couple of posters might have your name removed from the sidewalk. Lol

That being said. The foul called against us at the end was bogus. Refs should never decide a game like they did. Should have at least gone to overtime

[quote=“Razorwill”]
Be careful. Couple of posters might have your name removed from the sidewalk. Lol
[/quote]I may have gone a little overboard with my comment but my frustration over the last 4 minutes was more than I could silently endure.

[quote=“Razorwill”]
That being said. The foul called against us at the end was bogus. Refs should never decide a game like they did. Should have at least gone to overtime
[/quote]If did appear to me that near the end the refs may have been helping LSU. However, the way things were going, if the foul wasn’t called, LSU would have made field goal with no time left. Regardless, their is no excuse, I can fathom, to repeatedly (7 or 8 times in 4 minutes) pass the ball to the other team. After all they were were wearing different colors.

Arkansas committed 13 turnovers in the fourth quarter. You’re not going to hold leads like that.

Is Dykes job at risk? Are there buyout provisions in his contract?

Based on the win-loss record, I wouldn’t think so yet. The team is 11-5 this year, although I’ve said for a while I think it will really struggle in the SEC. What few know is how much, if any, the national anthem situation hurt his status with the decision makers.

Every head coach has a buyout provision in their contract. Dykes’ is $250,000 for the duration of his contract, which runs through 2020.

I wouldn’t think national anthem will play a role with decision makers. They were all unified on it. Unless by decision makers you mean boosters.

It is true that Dykes has a nice non-conference record. The SEC…not so much.

I don’t really follow the ladies’ team closely, but I just wondered whether he was under pressure to become competitive in the SEC.

Was the sloppy play caused by LSU or by themselves. Your post makes me thinks it was their own undoing. If that is correct, why is it well deserved by LSU. Either they earned it, or we gave it to them, right. I think you’re indicating we gave it to them??

The Lady Razorbacks did win against Tulsa and Texas Tech but they lost against Oral Roberts and Missouri State and ever other win was against cupcakes. Also, they are 0-3 in the SEC. Therefore, on that basis, their record doesn’t look promising. At this point, they will exceed my expectations if they win half of the remaining home games and more than 1 or 2 games away from home.

I am not knowledgeable enough to say if Dykes is a good coach. However, I don’t believe he is close to Gary Blair that a prior administration and women’s AD foolishly let go.