Lot of rumors

out there that Ty Storey has not been cleared and will not play tomorrow.

If so… Who is next man up? Or at least who starts the game?

We just confirmed that Storey is not going to play. I get the impression that Connor Noland will start, but that he and Cole Kelley both will play.

What about Boyd?

I would start Noland and never have a 2nd thought about it,he has everything you need to be agreat QB.looking forward to seeing him.

I never thought Ty would play. He had a concussion. He should have and would have never been allowed to play football one week later. The dirty play of Ole Miss cost us that last game and might cost us this game against Tulsa, I am sad to say. Before you guys jump on me about Ole Miss…I ask you…did you watch the Egg Bowl last year? I rest my case.

It’s good the kid is going to get his chance to play meaningful snaps. Unless he lights it up tomorrow, I’d still probably start Storey against Vandy, if he can play, and then bring Noland in at some point.

I think if we can get Noland six or seven quarters worth of work in the three games he has left before burning a redshirt everybody will have a much better idea about Noland’s place in the QB pecking order going into 2019.

I would like to see JSJ get a shot also if Conner/Cole gets us big lead.

Agree. Music to my ears. But I understand Noland is probably the preferred freshman.

I would start Noland and then bring in Kelley as needed. If Noland is playing well, I’d let him go as long as possible. But if he struggles, then Kelley has the experience to potentially bail the team out. Whereas, if you start Kelley and he struggles, then go to Noland, it seems more of a desperation move.

Hogs are now a 6 pt. favorite, down from 7. Seeing several 5 1/2’s starting to pop up.

It needs to be connor or jsj. We don’t need to go back to kelley

[quote=“MattJones”]

We just confirmed that Storey is not going to play. I get the impression that Connor Noland will start, but that he and Cole Kelley both will play.

[/quote]I did not see any comment on the “why” Noland did not play last Saturday…was a reason explained by the coaching staff?

If both Conner & JSJ struggle go to Hyatt then?

[quote=“daBoar”]

Yes, on Monday. Morris said that Noland had not taken the majority of the second-string snaps, as SEC Network had suggested, and Craddock said he did not think it would have been right to put Noland in during the fourth quarter of a close SEC game. He said they went with Kelley because “he has had some success against Ole Miss in the past.”

Sure hope the guy with 3 times as many wins as anyone else on the roster graduates and transfers to some fan base that will appreciate him.

Well, technically Cole started the one win.

We will see Noland and a lot of plays with a vanilla flavor to them I would think and a bunch of hand offs to Boyd, with Cole on short yardage plays. Can’t wait to see how this game turns out, if we can have our D give us a strong complete game we come out a winner I believe. WPS