Lost a great Hog fan Monday

Jerry Dudley Bassett of Jonesboro died unexpectedly Monday night. He used to post on this board but hadn’t done so for a while. His brother still posts quite often. Jerry was a UA grad (Class of '73, I believe) and was a lifelong season ticket holder & RF donor. He was a good friend & I will miss him.

9 Likes

I’m very sorry for the loss of your friend.

1 Like

Thanks for your posting about Jerry. He was a great friend, father, and grandfather. We had lunch together with Jerry years ago! RIP Jerry Bassett!!

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss!

1 Like

I’ve known Dud all my life, I think Barry, his only surviving brother, posts on here. Dud definitely loved the Hogs.

1 Like

Sorry Chip. I think I met him years ago when I came to Jonesboro to speak.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

You did.

So sorry. Prayers for the family.

1 Like

Always sad to lose a friend. I hate it for you and I hate it for all our Razorback programs. I applaud all Razorback contributors.

1 Like

I’m Very sorry! Praying for the family!

1 Like

I’m sorry for your loss, Chip.

1 Like

Visitation is tomorrow night in Walnut Ridge at the First United Methodist Church from 6-8pm. Funeral services are Friday at 12pm same church. Jerry was a great friend and loyal Razorback fan . He’s survived by his son Tanner and two granddaughters. He passed away suddenly at home. He will be missed.

1 Like

So sorry to hear.
RIP - another Hog Angel in Heaven.

Sorry for your loss.

Dud was a good friend from college. He was QB on our very successful intramural football team, and we spent a lot of time playing cards when we should have been studying. In spite of that we both made it out of school and into successful careers. Jerry Dudley Bassett will be missed.

Attended visitation forJerry “Dud”Bassett tonight. His brother Barry who posts on this board was there. A number of family and friends attended . Jerry would have been proud to see the number of friends come to honor his life. Not just from Walnut Ridge but surrounding towns of Pocahontas and Jonesboro. Was able to extend sympathy to his son Tanner and his wife and Jerry’s two granddaughters and his first wife Tanners mother. He definitely led an impactful life as a friend and Razorback fan and graduate. Prayers for his family as they perform his funeral service tomorrow at noon at the First Methodist Church in Walnut Ridge.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.